KISS is now in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

KISS was voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, along with Nirvana, Hall & Oates, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt and Cat Stevens.

You wanted the best, you got the best, the hottest band in the world is now recognized for a lifetime of achievement. Good to see Paul and Gene and the boys reach this pinnacle of success. They certainly deserve it.

And if you don't like KISS but feel the need to comment, please post in The Official I Hate Kiss thread, leave this one for those that appreciate their success.

Congrats KISS!!!

2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

I wanted the best, but KISS showed-up instead.

I don't HATE KISS, they just strike me as some guys who took advantage of what had come before them and found a way to make some money off of it.
    Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Their Stage show is not to be denied, Lord have mercy!
    But their Music didn't break any new ground to my ears.

POP Music.

3. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

Rock and Roll all night, party every day. What's not to like? :lol:

4. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

It always seemed that whenever KISS was overlooked for the HOF they (Gene and Paul) always downplayed the importance of the whole concept.

I wonder what their take on it will be now? Will they invite Ace and Peter? And Bruce and Vinnie, for that matter?

That's a pretty good list. I'm not so sure about Peter Gabriel and I don't really get the Cat Stevens.

I really enjoy the "Live from Daryl's House" show.

5. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Quite a selection this year....

Attached Files:

6. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

But I would rather rock and roll all night and PART of every day. The whole day just gets to be too much. :D

7. fezz parka

:lol:

8. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

'Bout damned time. Now WTH is up with not letting Cheap Trick in?? Seriously, I'm so glad to finally see Kiss get the nod, but still no Cheap Trick? Really? It's just not ok. No matter how you slice it.

And Nirvana. Blah blah blah. I understand why they are in, their influence is undeniable. What I will never understand, is why they had any influence. I was there. I bought all the records. I listened to them over and over, trying to find some piece of what everybody else was getting out of it. I never could. Still can't. Guys couldn't sing, couldn't write, and couldn't play. I'll never know what happened to make the world fall in love with them. It just doesn't make any sense.

9. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

A friend of mine who works for GNR introduced them on stage for years with "You wanted the best. Well, they couldn't make it" and other lines, like, "Of all the bands in the world, this is one of them."

10. fezz parka

Back in '77, I saw Cheap Trick open for Kiss at The Forum. Went to both shows that became Alive II. I saw a great rock band, and an overall rockin' show.:cool:

Yes, Cheap Trick belongs there.

11. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I saw Cheap Trick open for Aerosmith a couple years, also saw Kiss open for Aerosmith several years ago.

Cheap Trick has a pretty strong "greatest hits" set and still put on a good live show. the fact that they stayed thin and can dress strategically to hide their age, you would never know you were watching a bunch of "old guys" up onstage.

12. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Glad to see Linda Ronstadt make it. What a voice and what a huge contribution to so much music in the '70s both her own and others. Hall and Oates I thought were deserving as well. Cat Stevens did his bit but then disappeared completely so this seemed a little more iffy but there's no denying that he was a major player for a while.

The others I really don't care all that much for but again you can't deny their contributions. I just was never much of a fan of their stuff. But congrats to all.

13. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for the link!!!:twisted:

14. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

I was There.

15. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

I've seen KISS numerous times since the 70's and they have always put on a great show. I saw them in Virginia Beach just last year or the year before and they blew Motley Crue off the stage.

16. fezz parka

Yes! I've still got my pin somewhere.:lol:

17. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

KISS was influential... I can't even begin to imagine how many kids picked up a guitar for the first time because of a KISS record or show. For that reason alone, they deserve in.

Of course, that's what I say about The Monkees too. ;)

18. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I was never a KISS fan but that doesn't mean I hated them. What is MORE rock and roll than than KISS? About time they got to "lick it up"...

And by the way...that's EV-UR-EE DAY...LOL!

19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Gabriel's 2nd/3rd/4th solo records are massively influential and were waaaaay ahead of their time.

I used to think the 3rd more than the 4th but now I think it's the other way around.

20. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

I would go to the Rock Hall to see a massive KISS display. That would be fun. Lots of pre-teen 70's memories.

Could you imagine all the weird junk that they could pile into a KISS memorabilia display? Could be crazy. I just saw the Stones exhibit at the Rock Hall and it was kind of boring. I expected to be star struck and I wasn't.

I had lots of KISS posters when I was 13 and when my son was 13 we went to a KISS show together. It was a first for both of us. It was loud and crazy and silly and energetic and we had a blast together. Can't beat that.

KISS. Those goofballs. Nutty rocking flame throwing confetti launching nuts. Good for them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.