Kirkpatrick double benders arrived.

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Guitartom_ca, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Guitartom_ca

Guitartom_ca Tele-Holic

My Telecaster has arrived with the double benders installed. The workmanship is great, the benders are as smooth as butter. My only complaint is the turn around time. what was to be a 90 day wait turned into a 15 month wait. a very frustrating wait. But He did apologize for the wait gave me a discount as well. now to start practicing on this beauty. 20180730_135900.jpg 20180730_135907.jpg 20180730_135923.jpg 20180730_135929.jpg

chemobrain and brookdalebill like this.
  2. asatfan

asatfan Friend of Leo's

It's a beaut! If it's everything you were hoping for, you'll soon forget about the time (maybe)!

Guitartom_ca likes this.
  3. Jason Cornelius

Jason Cornelius Tele-Meister

That’s ridiculous. There’s absolutely no reason any work should be quoted at 90 days and take 15 months.

The work looks great, but that’s no way to run a business.

That Cal Webway likes this.
  4. Hatchetjack

Hatchetjack TDPRI Member

Congratulations! I've been waiting for an update on this. Looks like he did a good job!!!

5. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

a gem worth waiting for, the "how" to use it eludes me completely , but twice the fun hey good for you.

6. ScribbleSomething

ScribbleSomething Tele-Holic

A quick google search failed me.

How does this double bender work with both the mechanisms on the neck plate?

Kreepy likes this.
  7. ponce

ponce Tele-Afflicted

I agree, maybe it's tollerable when its a big communal project such as sports arena or a massive highway bridge.

8. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

And it's the reason a lot of small businesses fail -- failure to deliver. In one market I used to be in, even though there were guys doing 'better' work than I, my big selling point was that I took no money up front, and always delivered on time (except once. The customer missed an appointment, and it out the project back a week). One seller in that market, though I loathe the guy personally, always delivers on time.

Even less tolerable then.

9. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Looks great, but that wait time is unforgivable. How do you use it?

10. ponce

ponce Tele-Afflicted

I guess I'm talking from the perspective of my country :eek:

11. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe they were all watching the World Cup? :)

Then again, I guess you have a different definition of communal. Here, it mostly means that delays mean the rich guys get more.

ponce likes this.
  12. ponce

ponce Tele-Afflicted

We're yet to discover what our administration has done behind our backs during the World Cup. Oops, forum taboo:rolleyes:

13. Bender GUY

Bender GUY TDPRI Member

I do apologize for all those who have waited and been patient with me when I started building benders 10 years ago I would have never imagined where that Road would lead or how blessed I would become and the people that I would meet things was different back then I had a different job that was not as demanding as the one that I have now I always prided myself on my quick turnaround time that was one of the things that set me apart from the rest the Bender business is such a niche market that one could not solely rely on however it is a great side business believe me when I say I make no excuses for myself other than the fact the past 2 years a lot of things have changed in my life new job and then the past few months with moving and setting up my new machine shop and then on top of that me being the guy that hates to tell someone no and in the end I end up over committing myself there are some weeks that I don't even make it into the shop and if I do I only have very limited time this is something that I am in the process of changing I'm at a point in my life where I'm not doing things that I love which is working on guitars and interacting with musicians and for those of you who might think that I get your guitars and just forget about you that is not the case I think about them daily and I would like to make a personal apology to each one of you who have waited and want to thank you for your patience and understanding

14. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

It looks exactly like my Glaser. One lever activates the b with the usual pull-down motion attached to the strap. The other activates the g with a pull-out lanyard attached to a belt loop. The two small thumb screws adjust the pitch change of the throw; I keep both at a whole tone.

ScribbleSomething and chemobrain like this.
  15. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

aw the old hidden belt loop trick

16. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

I'm pretty curious about benders myself. What does a job like that set you back?

17. Jet Troop

Jet Troop TDPRI Member

Andy I still want you to add a G Bender to my Andy B Bender. I will get with you soon. Thanks

[​IMG]1483740_454721257966584_1445042519_n (1)

Bender GUY and asatfan like this.
  18. Jet Troop

Jet Troop TDPRI Member

That is a beautiful guitar. I hope you are loving it!

Bender GUY likes this.
  19. string pull

string pull Tele-Meister

.............. I hope it was for at least 50%. Man oh man...some people got balls.

Silverface and Don Miller like this.
  20. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

How does one lever pull "out" when the levers are both attached in a way that appears to only pull vertically? The fulcrum points of the levers are identical and there's no "cutaway" or whatever in the neck plate that would even allow either lever to move more than a mm or 2 backwards.

I've been playing benders since the 70's, have owned a few double benders and the operation of this one doesn't make any sense to me. Does anyone have a link to something that shows the operation?

Re the wait time - I know Andy and he's a good guy, but this is the type of thing that has put dozens of gadget companies around here of business no matter HOW good the product is! I've consulted for all sorts of manufacturers and rule #1 is set up your business operations (licenses, resale permits and all that stuff most small guys don't bother with) - whether part time or not - FIRST or don't even bother; then know your capabilities and never, ever quote a firm delivery time if you don't know you can meet it; turn down rush jobs, period; and if you find yourself in a hole like this example shut it down, refund everyone's money, and don't try it again until you have your **** together.

Not being able to say no is a good reason not to be in business, not to have bizarre delays. IMO that one should have been in the house. A *discount*?

o_O

That Cal Webway and string pull like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.