"Kingtinued"?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tim Bowen, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Poster Extraordinaire

Last night while I was nodding off on the couch, waiting for the latest word on "shock and awe", I was treated to Elvis P.'s version of "Achy Breaky Heart" (sp?). But wait... the math doesn't quite work out, I thought Elvis had left the building... Okay, so at this point I'm awake, and I hear "The King" belt out several other contemporary Cheese Anthems. It's yet another impersonator of course, and just another marketing scheme aimed at the mindless sheep among us - but in 42 years of dodging cheesiness and ignoring infomercials, this thing took the cake. No wonder some folks call us "infidel", gee whiz... I don't usually make "non-gear" posts, but...anybody seen this thing?

2. Broadslab

Broadslab TDPRI Member

Yeah, I saw that one ,or something similar to it a month or two ago.I did a double take also . They make you search for the fine print.

3. Pedalworld

Pedalworld Banned

as performed by...

:eek:

4. Tim Bowen

Well thanks for confirming that I'm not nuts!

Actually, that might require a bit more effort... But like I said, I was dozing at the time and had pretty much since decided that I'd dreamed the whole thing... Nobody I've asked has seen it, and I haven't seen it since...

Yeah, I'd also like to hear "Babe" by Styx, maybe the "Pina Colada Song" by Rupert Holmes...

No disrespect to THE KING. I'm a fan. But nothing's sacred. Campy stuff man.

5. Tim Bowen

Long live mass marketing. Thanks for the link, Chris!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.