Kingfish Tele Deluxe

BlueTele

Tele-Meister
Having a signature guitar is considered selling out now?
Yes...and no. If you think about it, SO many players with their "signature model" from Fender or Gibson, also play several other guitars depending on the song, etc. I quickly think of Tom Petty, Robben Ford, Eric Clapton, etc. They have always used guitars as their "artists tool." Someone who oil paints, does so with heavy brushes, thinner brushes, trowels, etc. They also might do something in pastels, or acrylic paint. It's all good.

BlueTele

Tele-Meister
One of my Teles has a humbucker at the neck. It can coil split though so it can still get that single coil'ish sound.

Is it 100% exactly like a lipstick pickup at the neck position? No. But it's sort of close. It sounds more like a Strat pickup in the neck position.

It's a great guitar and it's nice to have the option.

My 50's style ones are still my favorites though.
I like it too. I can think of a couple other "purple" color guitars...but different shades: Robert Cray hard-tail Strat (along with Inca Silver and Sunburst), and the original Jeff Beck Strat (along with Surf Green and Hot Rod Yellow...you know...the ones with noiseless Lace Sensor type pickups and the awesome baseball bat neck). I really love the deep, deep purple of the Robert Cray Strat...his Strats also have gold hardware.

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
Are people really balking like this over a < $2,000 American made signature model? That's kind of the range we live in at 10-12% inflation and American manufacturing overhead.

It's priced pretty fairly. The extra ~ $200 over the production American Telecaster seems pretty justified for the artist royalty, custom PUP set, and other cosmetic appointments unique to the model

This. People basically want something for free.

Not being able to afford it doesn't make it too expensive or not worth the money.

We live in a world where you can get decent instruments at reasonable prices if that's your situation or preference.

RCinMempho

Friend of Leo's
I'm happy for him getting a signature deal. He's young. I expect more signature models to follow. Johnny Hiland has had three. This young man will have more than that in his career.

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
I hadn't heard of him before,but upon listening he sounds the real thing. Great vocals too.

The lad needs to shed some pounds for his future and I wish him the best for that.

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
They will be the same

Well, my '18 MIC 50's CV was not, so out the door it went. It got some moderate playtime during the year I owned it, yet wore out its frets pretty badly by the time I got rid of it. Whereas my MIA/MIM guitars? They had - and have constantly - gotten much more play, but there's little to no wear on the frets that I can see. So what do you make of that if anything?

Ps. I of course could've had it refretted because it was a nice axe per se, but who in their right mind wants to plonk down a coupla hunnert when the guitar is worth maybe €300?

EDIT: exaggerated first and thus changed "no" to "little to no" because even hard fretwire obviously wears down with use

Last edited:

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
That was my experience with Epiphone. It was a nice guitar and I replaced the electronics and pickups, but after 2-3 years of gigging it the frets had almost totally worn down. It's still sitting in my closet because I hope to get it refretted one day. It's a good guitar but the fretwire used was not good.
Not trying to dispute what you are saying as I agree that less expensive fretwire is commonly used in entry-level guitars, but I have a Squire CV50 that I have had and played for 10 years and the frets look as good as they did the day I bought it. I have always made a huge effort to be efficient at my picking and light on the strings when fretting as I suffer from Carpal Tunnel from 35 years of IT work. I think at least part of why we see quick wear on less expensive guitars is playing with a death grip on the neck. You can get away with it longer on higher-end guitars.

Her name is Skye

TDPRI Member
Out now! Looks and sounds cool. Someone I know saw the specs and said, Oh, it's a Leo Paul :lol:

Recognized at a young age for his exceptional musical talent, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram’s path has taken him from hometown hero to global star. Christone’s raw and inspired guitar playing, soulful vocals and mature songwriting have captured the imagination of legions of new fans and fellow musicians alike, propelling him to become the face of a new generation of blues artists.

The Kingfish Telecaster® Deluxe features two custom humbucking pickups voiced for growling, overdriven blues-rock and an adjusto-matic bridge for perfect intonation. The “V”-shaped roasted maple neck has a classic feel while the 12” radius slab rosewood fingerboard delivers chunky tones and big bends...

Leo Paul is so funny! Is this really 24.75” scale??

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I reminds me of a bleach bottle blonde with porcelain capped teeth, with over sized chest implants, Riding next to slim in his rusted Red Cadillac with a blown head gasket, running on 7 pistons and no hubcaps grinnin' from ear to ear with a lookie here, look at me sense of inclusion with the folks on the hill.🙄
When I was a kid I used to buy an all day sucker that color I loved the color and the synthetic taste of Welch's grape juice.
I wish that I could afford one. I'd snatch it up and put in the vault with my antiqua Strat

Stratocast

Tele-Holic

Oh. That’s about how I would play the blues. My problem is. I haven’t run into too many musicians who just want to play slow blues like that. Or jazz either for that matter. Most just want to. Rock Out. I love the way one can put their emotions into a good blues number. I’d love to be in a band where we could have each musician trade off with a few licks Blues …keys. …Drums …other guitar. But then we’d have to find an audience. Not everyone lives in New Orleans. Or cities like that where blues is appreciated.