Kingfish Tele Deluxe

horax

Tele-Afflicted
I think it's a great move getting Kingfish to sign on.
Since Fender lost John Mayer they've lost some clout in the artist department.

Kingfish is amazing, and he's such a big draw that has yet to hit his peak. If he keeps following his upward trajectory, this will be MAJOR for Fender over the long term.

THX1123

Tele-Afflicted
I like it, but maybe that's because I play both Teles and Gibsons.

I can't determine the scale length. I am assuming it is 25 1/2. If it was 24 3/4 then that would be interesting.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Well, not as much a Gibson as the Jim Adkins Tele with a set neck and 24.75 scale lenght.
Which, I have to admit, is really fun to play and sounds great. I'm sure this one does too ...
Those Jim Adkins Teles are nice--played one in the shop, but I liked the Noventa better. Those pickups in the JA are loud.

I like the Kingfish guitar--the standard humbucker-sized Wide Range pickups are unique--but $2k is too rich for my blood. Kingfish is the real deal and deserves a sig model.

shallbe

Tele-Meister
Hard pass. I despise the large Fender headstock on anything, much less a Tele body. That price is also nothing i would consider.

Love the wide range pickups, though.

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
Not bad! I am building something similar at the moment, but not exactly like it. Tele Deluxe with a stop tail bridge is all that is new here.

Mexitele Blues

Tele-Afflicted
Im saying some things simply shouldnt exist at all

"See you later, boy"

1660777982405.png

richardmp

TDPRI Member
Gold Supporter
It’s a shame he sold out, that is definitely a Leo Paul since he used to play LP style guitars custom made for him. The person who who made him several custom LP style guitars he used to use mostly isn’t probably too thrilled.

They Are made in Corona. He's playing purple strat on the cover of his latest CD and he played a red/white strat When I saw him in Sacramento a couple years ago. He looks like he's playing a Starcaster on the first CD cover. He appears to be playing a green Tele on the inside cover.

SuperflyPete

TDPRI Member
I don’t remember such hate on the 72 Deluxe or the Shiflett model. Is the tune-o-matic on a Tele such a BFD? I love Bigsby’s on Teles…is that out of touch too?

(Sits sulking in corner with his Walla Walla T-Style)

mrfitz98

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Because the people interested enough in buying endorsed products want to see the artists’ signature.

Those who are offended by the sig will either buy it anyway and forget it exists, or they won’t purchase it (they were never going to buy it anyway).
I don't see anyone quibbling about that Les Paul signature model that Gibson makes. I mean... They put the signature on the frickin' headstock!

:rolleyes:

Quarter1969

TDPRI Member
I'm too traditional for this, honestly. It's like allowing Steve Wonder to mess with Naomi Campbell's DNA ;) The only thing I personally accept as a deviation from the original is the PAF in the neck position, Keef/Collins style. But that's just me :D

droliver

TDPRI Member
Are people really balking like this over a < $2,000 American made signature model? That's kind of the range we live in at 10-12% inflation and American manufacturing overhead.

It's priced pretty fairly. The extra ~ $200 over the production American Telecaster seems pretty justified for the artist royalty, custom PUP set, and other cosmetic appointments unique to the model

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
Play one of those and the one with Fender on the headstock for 5 years and see which holds up better.

They will be the same if they're treated and maintained the same.

The thing is that people will mistreat or neglect a $500 guitar a lot more often than they will a $2000 one.

horax

Tele-Afflicted
They will be the same if they're treated and maintained the same.

The thing is that people will mistreat or neglect a $500 guitar a lot more often than they will a $2000 one.
And In the last few years many squiers are selling for more used than they were brand new.

The john 5 tele is a great example. They were 399.99 brand new. Now if you want one you have to drop around 800.00, and they’re used!

Kamen_Kaiju

TDPRI Member
I love that color, and I’m sure I would love the V carved neck. Here’s my question for Tele players who know personally and have more Tele experience than me. (Maybe there is also a video link comparing a single coil telecaster neck PU to a Tele that had a HB replacement) I love the neck position on a Tele. Does a humbucker in the neck position completely obliterate everything I love about the Tele neck position? I mean would it even sound like a Tele anymore if I popped a Kingfish HB in the neck? Thx

One of my Teles has a humbucker at the neck. It can coil split though so it can still get that single coil'ish sound.

Is it 100% exactly like a lipstick pickup at the neck position? No. But it's sort of close. It sounds more like a Strat pickup in the neck position.

It's a great guitar and it's nice to have the option.

My 50's style ones are still my favorites though.