Kingfish Tele Deluxe

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Looks cool, probably plays well, is too expensive. Forget the signature and sell it for 1199$? Or, say, 1499$ if it's MIA?

That might not be a bad idea - but probably $1,499 since it is MIA. They could do this as an American Performer by replacing the unique v-neck/bullet truss rod adjuster with an American Performer neck.

The American Pro II Tele Deluxe is currently $1,749.

Will V.

Tele-Meister
I don’t really follow Fender retail stuff as I play partscasters because I really prefer to choose my own adventure. However, does $2k seem kind of high for a polyurethane finish? At that price there are loads of guitars finished with nitro. Still it’s a very cool finish. Love Kingfish. Is he the youngest player ever to have a signature guitar or any brand? I feel like he might be.

horax

Tele-Afflicted
OK - it's purple only then. Maybe they'll expand the line to include other colors in the future. :)

I already have a partscaster Deluxe Tele (though a partscaster, it's all Fender parts) with "real" WRHBs (i.e. aftermarket with magnetic pole pieces). I originally had the more recent Fender WRHBs which are made like PAFs (magnetic bars and steel pole pieces) and I have to say that they sounded a lot like the Kingfish humbuckers.
I wonder how these pickups differ from the shawbuckers

horax

Tele-Afflicted
It's very similar to my tele deluxe that I've come to love.

Only real difference is headstock, neck carve, and bridge. Not sure how the pickups differ yet....BUT I've come to love the tele deluxe design. Throw in some coil splitting and you've got best of all worlds.

Mine is mod shop. I know it's basically an american pro I with custom paint job and plastics, but it's sweet!
I first thought the Kingfish was overpriced. But when you look at buying hte Brad Paisley Esquire at $1699.00 for MIM, 1999.00 for MIA seems pretty legit nowdays. Sad, but true.

I do wish it was nitro finish, though. Granted, the gloss urethane will last in new condition forever, and perhpas that's why KF decided to go this route. He's a lot like me (except playing ability). We like our blingy guitars, similar taste in music, and our setups are both minimal. I think he likes the idea of something looking as new and fresh as possible.

If Fender had gone iwth Nitro, this would probably be a 2500.00 guitar...not sure they'd sell many at that price point.
As it is, I'm hoping I cna find one on the used market in a few months closer to 1500. If they priced them at 1500 now they'd be all sold out!

1660748627075.jpeg
1660748646089.jpeg
1660748671879.jpeg

Fred-paris

TDPRI Member
It's the same price as the Rocky Strat is here in the USA, but believe it's USA. This is an okay price but not great for a USA Artist Signature; it has some unique things like the V-neck, bullet truss rod adjuster and 4-bolt neck.
The serial number of the one that is used on Fender website is KF210003. My Rocky strat has a serial number formatted as MXR000xx so it could be USA made since they haven't prefixed the serial number with MX?🤔

Kingfish.JPG

BrokenTele

TDPRI Member

Cyberi4n

Tele-Afflicted
Fender can charge what they like, if customers want them they’ll buy them, and if not, well…..

As far as the colour is concerned, well it’s the colour he chose, for a reason. I doubt they’ll be available in any other colour, because Kingfish.

stylemessiah

TDPRI Member
General comment, not directed at the artist in question (im a blue nut above all else), but.....

I remember when a Signature guitar at Fender was something special...Clapton, Cray, SRV (i owned one of those)

Ever since the Squier Avril Lavigne i just wished they'd stopped handing them out to nearly everyone

Im anxiously awaiting George the Fender janitors Signature Tele.....with handwound pickups by the lady in accounting...

This needs to stop, leave something special in this world, i beg you....

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
General comment, not directed at the artist in question (im a blue nut above all else), but.....

I remember when a Signature guitar at Fender was something special...Clapton, Cray, SRV (i owned one of those)

Ever since the Squier Avril Lavigne i just wished they'd stopped handing them out to nearly everyone

Im anxiously awaiting George the Fender janitors Signature Tele.....with handwound pickups by the lady in accounting...

This needs to stop, leave something special in this world, i beg you....
You do realize that you don't really have to buy any of them right? Fender is obviously not catering to you with an Avril Lavigne signature guitar, but are you saying her fans shouldn't be able to have one? Fender is going to make signature guitars they think they can sell. I personally have no interest in signature guitars, to each his or her own...;)

stylemessiah

TDPRI Member
You do realize that you don't really have to buy any of them right? Fender is obviously not catering to you with an Avril Lavigne signature guitar, but are you saying her fans aren't entitled to one?

Im saying some things simply shouldnt exist at all

"See you later, boy"

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Im saying some things simply shouldnt exist at all

"See you later, boy"
16 million people who bought that album would probably disagree with you ;)
Her nearly 12 million Youtube subscribers would probably also disagree ;)
She also has 16.4 million monthly listeners on Spotify who would probably disagree. ;)
Let me get this straight, anything you don't like shouldn't exist?????
Pretty arrogant, don't ya think?

Last edited:

michaelocean

TDPRI Member
I love that color, and I’m sure I would love the V carved neck. Here’s my question for Tele players who know personally and have more Tele experience than me. (Maybe there is also a video link comparing a single coil telecaster neck PU to a Tele that had a HB replacement) I love the neck position on a Tele. Does a humbucker in the neck position completely obliterate everything I love about the Tele neck position? I mean would it even sound like a Tele anymore if I popped a Kingfish HB in the neck? Thx