Kingfish Tele Deluxe

1stpitch

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I like it. What I don't like is the signature and the pickup covers. It's crazy, I know, but why can't they make artist signature models without the artists' signatures on them? Or put it under the pickguard.

BrokenTele

TDPRI Member
I like it. What I don't like is the signature and the pickup covers. It's crazy, I know, but why can't they make artist signature models without the artists' signatures on them? Or put it under the pickguard.
Because the people interested enough in buying endorsed products want to see the artists’ signature.

Those who are offended by the sig will either buy it anyway and forget it exists, or they won’t purchase it (they were never going to buy it anyway).

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
The vast, vast, majority of photos or videos I've ever seen of him he has not played anything they looks like this.

That doesn't mean he isn't allowed to change his mind. Maybe he's found a new muse?

But at the moment had I been presented this guitar and told to guess the artist it would've been hundreds before I guessed him.

horax

Tele-Afflicted
Oh yeah! Kingfish is great player and the guitar really rocks. There appears to be two color options (purple and a fiesta red type color) - I really like the red. Of course, at $2000, I'll have to pass for now...:(

No. It's only in Mississippi Night. The Red one you saw in a video was a 70's vintera tele with his signature pickups. They will be selling the pickups separately.

The vast, vast, majority of photos or videos I've ever seen of him he has not played anything they looks like this.

That doesn't mean he isn't allowed to change his mind. Maybe he's found a new muse?

But at the moment had I been presented this guitar and told to guess the artist it would've been hundreds before I guessed him.

Granted I'm a huge Kingfish fan, but he has played several purple guitars...including one or two purple T Types and at least 2 purple LP types made by Chertoff Customs in NYC. Michael Chertoff makes amazing guitars.

Kingfish has often said his best feeling #1 was his red Player Strat. He still tours with it, but has recently moved over to humbuckers.

srvy

Tele-Meister

It looks like he is playing in this VID.

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
Looks cool, probably plays well, is too expensive. Forget the signature and sell it for 1199$? Or, say, 1499$ if it's MIA?

FSRCustomTeleHHGT

Tele-Meister
Wow!
Delete 2a.png

It reminds me of my FSR Squier but with the hated Adjusto-Matic Bridge and without the sparkle finish:
Delete 1.png

But $2000 with case???!!! I can get the Tele above plus these below for that price!
0374590592_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

0374091556_sqr_ins_frt_1_rr.png

0371060541_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Small.png

With Red PG.png

In fact, I did, and for less than $2k in the past four months (goodbye stimulus, hello Squier!). But yeah, I'm the fool for not getting the one with "Fender" on the headstock for the same price as all of these. LOL!

1stpitch

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Last edited:

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
No. It's only in Mississippi Night. The Red one you saw in a video was a 70's vintera tele with his signature pickups. They will be selling the pickups separately.

Granted I'm a huge Kingfish fan, but he has played several purple guitars...including one or two purple T Types and at least 2 purple LP types made by Chertoff Customs in NYC. Michael Chertoff makes amazing guitars.

Kingfish has often said his best feeling #1 was his red Player Strat. He still tours with it, but has recently moved over to humbuckers.

It looks like he is playing in this VID.

I meant seeing him play a Tele Deluxe, until he got this one.

I was not attacking the guy as a sellout like some others, just pointing out it was an unexpected change in equipment.

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Wow!
View attachment 1017840

It reminds me of my FSR Squier but with the hated Adjusto-Matic Bridge and without the sparkle finish:
View attachment 1017842

But $2000 with case???!!! I can get the Tele above plus these below for that price!
View attachment 1017843
View attachment 1017844
View attachment 1017847

View attachment 1017849
View attachment 1017856

In fact, I did, and for less than $2k in the past four months (goodbye stimulus, hello Squier!). But yeah, I'm the fool for not getting the one with "Fender" on the headstock for the same price as all of these. LOL!

I prefer the Squire.

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
I prefer the Squire.

I have the Squier and it's trash. The neck sucks, the pickups suck and it was just a massive let down. Shame as it looks super cool.

With the passing of time I'm becoming more and more interesting in the KF. I was trying to find a set of pickups to put in the Squier though and I may have finally found a solution.

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I have the Squier and it's trash. The neck sucks, the pickups suck and it was just a massive let down. Shame as it looks super cool.

With the passing of time I'm becoming more and more interesting in the KF. I was trying to find a set of pickups to put in the Squier though and I may have finally found a solution.

I had a Squire once, not a bad guitar at all. Certainly not trash. It did need new pickups and some TLC, but not $2000 worth LOL.

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted

OK - it's purple only then. Maybe they'll expand the line to include other colors in the future. :)

I already have a partscaster Deluxe Tele (though a partscaster, it's all Fender parts) with "real" WRHBs (i.e. aftermarket with magnetic pole pieces). I originally had the more recent Fender WRHBs which are made like PAFs (magnetic bars and steel pole pieces) and I have to say that they sounded a lot like the Kingfish humbuckers.