Kingfish Tele Deluxe

doctymie

Tele-Meister
Out now! Looks and sounds cool. Someone I know saw the specs and said, Oh, it's a Leo Paul :lol:

Recognized at a young age for his exceptional musical talent, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram’s path has taken him from hometown hero to global star. Christone’s raw and inspired guitar playing, soulful vocals and mature songwriting have captured the imagination of legions of new fans and fellow musicians alike, propelling him to become the face of a new generation of blues artists.

The Kingfish Telecaster® Deluxe features two custom humbucking pickups voiced for growling, overdriven blues-rock and an adjusto-matic bridge for perfect intonation. The “V”-shaped roasted maple neck has a classic feel while the 12” radius slab rosewood fingerboard delivers chunky tones and big bends...

John C

Friend of Leo's
I think it's a USA based on the inventory number starting with "011". At $1,999 it's $250 more than the American Pro II Tele Deluxe

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
I think it's good value for what you get.

Provided it's USA.

If it's Mexican that's a bit of a stretch when the GH Rocky Strat was £1800.

John C

Friend of Leo's
I think it's good value for what you get.

Provided it's USA.

If it's Mexican that's a bit of a stretch when the GH Rocky Strat was £1800.

It's the same price as the Rocky Strat is here in the USA, but believe it's USA. This is an okay price but not great for a USA Artist Signature; it has some unique things like the V-neck, bullet truss rod adjuster and 4-bolt neck.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
Interesting, do they angle the neck pocket to accommodate a tune-o-matic type bridge? Wondering if they have to adjust the geometry of the neck angle due to the height of the TOM bridge and tailpiece.

I have a SX Hawk Strat-oid that has a TOM. The difference in the neck pocket depth is about 3mm between it and a regular SX Strat. The neck angle is the same so far as I can tell. The TOM does seem to go lower than most Gibson type guitars I've seen. I guess the folks at Fender did something similar.

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
I think it's cool. I'll probably pick up a set of the pickups for a partscaster I have as a minimum.

But that's a really cool colour and spec.

I don't like the KF decals on the pickup covers on the guitar though. The set does without them and looks a bit better.

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
Oh yeah! Kingfish is great player and the guitar really rocks. There appears to be two color options (purple and a fiesta red type color) - I really like the red. Of course, at $2000, I'll have to pass for now...:(

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
The GAS quickly subsided when I saw the price :eek:

I think I will stick with my Les Paul for my humbucker sound ;)

20220701_181658281_iOS.jpg