Kinda cool string find

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by d barham, Aug 26, 2019.

1. d barham

d barham Tele-Holic

1F66E09E-FD99-491A-AC3A-D0BA4A411CEC.jpeg 3E5BFE8D-6BA5-4310-9E49-5DBD39EB6BE2.jpeg I’ve posted pictures of my old ‘62 fender electric mandolin before. I was going through some old stuff a couple days ago and found these strings. Any one know what vintage the strings might be?

2. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I’d have to guess they’re no later than the mid 1960s. I started buying Fender strings in the late 1960s and they came in a gold and white package. Also the “Fender” logo looks like it’s from the 1950s but as we know their use of logos was all over the map in the early days.

stanger and d barham like this.
  3. r1962j

r1962j Tele-Meister

I'd say Radspin is spot on. I remember those string packages being in my Dad's '63 Jazzmaster case. Very cool. :)

d barham likes this.
  4. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I don't know about the strings but that's a beautiful mando!

d barham likes this.
  5. stanger

stanger Tele-Meister

I love those mandos!
    I've always thought they were one of Fender's best in looks and design, and they work spectacularly well as either a solo or a group instrument.
    Every time I see one, it reminds me of Tiny Moore. He loved 'em, too. Tiny said Bob Wills loved Tiny's Fender so much he gave Tiny more solos on it.

Tiny give me the best advice I ever got about improvising: If you make a mistake playing a single-string solo, slide down a fret. It became such a good tip it's now part of my soloing style.
    regards,
    stanger

d barham likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.