Kind of shaken, also rather moved

Guran

Friend of Leo's
One good thing coming out of this is that I got to think about it, and reminded the company that last time we had cpr training was before the unmentionable. A new round is coming up now!

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
You are correct. I was highly trained in first aid in the police, we covered giving instructions to others as you say, and told them ring and ambulance/ firetruck etc then come back and tell me it is done, as this was before cell phones it was imperative we knew it had been done, and generally it worked well, in both involving people and keeping them out of there way, it is a good way to ensure every is done
You mentioning the "pre cellphone"days is significant. What I said before was probably much more important when someone in the crowd would have to go off and find a phone. Today, everyone has a phone with them, and the instructions should probably be, "STOP FILMING!.....CALL 911!".

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
I saved a life doing "the wrong thing" . A footballer was in a play, I was playing guitar in a musical, same theatre, and had choked on gum. He was purple by the time he pleaded to me for help. We had just done a refresher course in first aid and told NOT to use the Heimlich Manoeuvre . I did this as he was dying , so I turned him around, gripped him under the belt line and jerked as hard as I could. Gum flew out and after a few minutes he was breathing notmally again.
My father was a lineman and kids get curious when a guy is hooking telephone wires. Unfortunately two got eletrocuted and he saved their lives with mouth to mouth resusitation. He got in papers and magazines but my Dad just took it in his stride and never mentioned it after that. Very much the silent hero was my Dad.