Killed a possum tonight...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It's not just the fact that the possum was getting at his birds that caused things to end the way they did. That in itself is a frustrating situation (been there), but things went to Defcon 1 when he inadvertently cornered the critter. If the possum was out in the open when Larry found him, things would have had a much more Disney-approved ending.

2. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Vicious AND stupid. That's a winning combination!

3. Frodebro

Yeah, kinda like some of the drunks I've encountered back in my gigging days!

4. bun malaey

bun malaey Tele-Afflicted

That's all ya got, personal jabs at my spelling and supposed lack of reading skills?

Yeah.. when it gets to that point you gots nothing and just being jerky.

Of course you'll respond with some snark comment, I can already tell your.. did that just for you... last word internet kinda Guy.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

This is sort of how I took it too; mixed in with annoyance about forgetting to secure the chickens AGAIN and frustration with things not going smoothly. I don't think Larry comes out of the story looking really good, but I don't think he was bragging, either.

And the rest of you kids: if you don't stop your bickering, I'm going to turn this car around and drive straight home. :rolleyes:

6. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

Sure, but it takes about 6 months for that pullet to start laying. Add that time in. Oh, and sexing chicks. Good luck. If it's not done the first day, you have to wait and see if it crows. So buy more than you need, so you can hopefully get one hen. Just to put the rooster(s) in the freezer.

Nah, killing the possum to save the hen, and typing of the story is quicker. And easier.

7. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

How stupid can they be if full grown human adults have such a hard time figuring out ways to secure their property against them?

If I couldn't figure out a way to keep my stuff mine against squirrels, groundhogs, possums and deer, I don't think I would be bragging on how stupid the animals are.

As far as vicious in regards to the video posted, that's an animal that was kept from its den all night and was obviously stressed out, maybe it had babies in there that it needed to protect. Who knows, but fear and aggression look very similar to a lot of people .

8. jkrischan

jkrischan Tele-Afflicted

Earlier today I gave a crow a really nasty look after it pooped on my chaise lounge

9. Bones

Plus a thread about going down to Agway and buying a new chicken wouldn't have gotten the response the OP was looking for.

10. Frodebro

I don't know if he was looking for a response or just venting/decompressing after everything that happened.

And we all know that venting around here can put you squarely in the crosshairs, don't we, Bones? :lol:

11. Bones

Damn skippy!

12. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

City boy like me, I thought this was going to be a ''killed an egg stealer."
    Goodbye critter!

13. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I think this thread has run its course and then some..

Thread closed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.