Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Buckocaster51, Feb 4, 2020.

1. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    My brother has the same recurring problem. I'm glad I don't get them.

Hope you get over it soon, Bucko.

2. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Yeah, mine was oxalate.

Analysis is important to determine the best course of prevention, though adequate hydration is good for all of them.

VWAmTele and boris bubbanov like this.
  3. edvard

edvard Tele-Afflicted

I've had one. I do NOT want another. The doctor told my wife and I that women who've had children and also experienced kidney stones would rather go through childbirth again rather than deal with another kidney stone. :confused:

4. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

I've had em three times. But Dilution IS the Solution. Lots of water. It amazing how much water you'll drink when you're drinking the proper amount. Peeing gets annoying but better than the stones

5. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

I’m going to get a glass of water right now. I have enough to deal with, don’t need any part of a kidney stone.

6. Pasta Player

Pasta Player Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I’ve a very high pain tolerance and usually endure most pain as a simple nuisance… until it’s not. And kidney stones are not.

First kidney stone… spent three days in hot water bathtub fading in and out of consciousness. Thought I’d severely damaged my back. 4th day - to the ER where I squeezed the formica desktop till it cracked while waiting for ER admission. After admission I grasped the bed rails until passing out - several times. Doctor said “the closest a man would ever get to feeling the pain that a woman endures during birth”. (Told him that in that case, I was dilated to nine.) $3500.00 hospital bill.

2nd time… drove myself (feeling every slight bump) to the hospital and while I didn’t pass out, I did actually throw up several times while waiting for an MRI. Sheer agony. An hour later, they administered a large shot of liquid ibuprofen (Toradol). Instant relief. $5000.00 bill.

3rd time… had already asked my family Doctor to have Toradol on hand and that bill was a mere $30.00 for the shot. I no longer need X-Rays, MRi’s or visits to the ER… I know the feeling well enough that I simply get to my family Doctor’s office.

Have changed my diet… reducing coffee, chocolate and carbonated beverage intake and have not had a stone since. I also drink more water (filtered) to keep things flushed out. Toradol is like a magic bullet and works for me. My Doctor explains that it simply relaxes “things” and allows the stone(s) to then easily pass.

7. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I think this is the 4 th time I have been afflicted with them things...

right the the hypothesis is that they were coming out of my kidneys back in September...and have been “floating” around in my bladder since then

At the time we attributed the back pain to spending an unusually high amount of time driving my Chevy Colorado and JD compact tractors.

Hind sight is always 20-20

They are ugly little things!

boris bubbanov likes this.
  8. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

Sounds horrible. :eek:
    Great name for a covers band though.

9. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Ugly Little Things?

;)

10. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Once upon a time he peed so fine, in a straight line. How does it feel? Aw, how does it feel? To be on your own, with a big kidney stone.

Harry Styron and Digital Larry like this.
  11. Mike M

Mike M TDPRI Member

Had a couple of them. Two passed, one needed Sound waves to crush it.

Last year happened in from of my kids, with my wife out. Was trying to hide the pain from my kids so they didn't panic. Had a neighbor drive me to the emergency room.

Came in screaming begging for pain relief. Told them I had stones, but they thought i was a drug addict looking for meds, until they scanned me.

After an hour, they come back and say "you have stones, you need some pain relief", and I was like "yeah, i've been screaming that the last hour"

The moment when it passes, and the pain ends is the best feeling in the world.

12. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

The Kidney Stones perform their latest release: Rocks Off. :)
    Support band: The Ugly Little Things

Buckocaster51 likes this.
  13. SPECTRUM001

SPECTRUM001 TDPRI Member

Ouch - I hear ya !!

I am also a member of this club. When I was 38, I was opening my front door, and thought I had been shot, I was in such sudden and unexpected pain in my lower back.

Made it inside, threw up, and called an ambulance (I had no idea what was happening). I was admitted to hospital where they operated to remove them.

Phew - what an experience. You have my sympathy, and hope you are able to get sorted soon...

14. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Here's hoping you are soon

15. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Holic

ouch . I got gallstones blockin my bile duct. I don't know if they bother me but doc says they got to go. my brother had his gall bladder removed as it was blown out and he passes a kidney stone every few months. goodness we are all gonna die from what ever it is that's eating us up. I bet here at tdpri we got one at least of every disorder known to man on the planet. all things must pass :)

16. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

I had my gall bladder out after suffering with two large stones the size of broad beans.

I think giving birth has nothing on the misery of gall stone pain, so

I can imagine what Kidney stones would feel like.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.