Kevin Cronin's tele

Corgitodd

Tele-Meister
Anyone know what year or model?
922544f67794a68bcee2b880000779bf.jpg

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Just a wild guess here but as much as they tour he probably has more than just that one which looks as if it could easily be some form of a '52RI or even a Nocaster as easily as it could be anything else Fender has done with a similar finish and features including a Squier CV.

I figure that if most of us have more than one Tele he has more than one by even more multiples and several of them go out on tour with him.

I wasn't of much help here was I? :oops: ;)

John C

Friend of Leo's
Based on that stage attire I think that looks circa the Tune-a-Fish or 9 Lives tour- which if that is case would be late 1970s and would pre-date the reissues and Custom Shop.

Last edited:

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Based on that stage attire I think that looks circa the Tune-a-Fish or 9 Lives tour- which if that is case would be late 1970s and would pre-date the reissues and Custom Shop.

Could well be. I couldn't date the pic but it could well be one Fender made to his specs. They've been doing those for a very long time before there was an official CS.

Corgitodd

Tele-Meister
Found a 2013 Guitar World interview where Cronin said he had a 1951 Nocaster. Can't see the headstock in the photo, might be it. He also has a 1952 tele and a 1958 tele. Pretty nice guitars for a guy who just plays rhythm.

Last edited:

John C

Friend of Leo's
True. Back in the day I had their first live album (they were supporting the "cow" album at the time and Cronin had just rejoined the band) and in the photos he's playing what looks like a vintage LP burst. I always figured that at that time he was playing one of Richrath's bursts.

RevMike

Poster Extraordinaire
True. Back in the day I had their first live album (they were supporting the "cow" album at the time and Cronin had just rejoined the band) and in the photos he's playing what looks like a vintage LP burst. I always figured that at that time he was playing one of Richrath's bursts.

Gary R had a mess of drool worthy LP's back in the day.

Corgitodd

Tele-Meister
Gary Richrath was way ahead of the curve concerning now Holy Grail guitars. He was a pioneer of using 59 Les Pauls and now I learn he had Nocasters as well.

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
Kevin Cronin has quite a few Telecasters, in addition to the No caster that Gary Richrath gave him, he also owns a 1952 Fender Telecaster and a 1958 Fender Telecaster. Gary Richrath was mainly a Les Paul player, he owned about 20 Les Pauls, and I believe Kevin also owned a 1954 Strat.