Kenny Burrell "All Blues"

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
I love modal playing. From the first time I heard The Allman Brothers Band play "Dreams" and then found Miles Davis' classic recording of "Kind of Blue." It was years before I learned that this type of playing is considered "modal" playing. This guy helped me out alot in understanding the form. Found this on YT awhile back. Burrell really gets into it and you can hear what an influence "KOB" has been in guitar rock. Hope you enjoy.

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
Thanks. I have some Burrell stuff. Never seen this. I started listening to jazz after hearing the Allman bros. listened to it and tiring of the new country on the radio a few years back.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
This often our 'starter jam' with our blues/GD Combo Trio ( fantastic rhythm section!)
- we do ( or did) lots of outdoor Cafe gigs, and this is a great 'ease into our band' jam for patrons to get to know us, or something...

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I love modal playing. From the first time I heard The Allman Brothers Band play "Dreams" and then found Miles Davis' classic recording of "Kind of Blue." It was years before I learned that this type of playing is considered "modal" playing. This guy helped me out alot in understanding the form. Found this on YT awhile back. Burrell really gets into it and you can hear what an influence "KOB" has been in guitar rock. Hope you enjoy.

Sweet! Love this guy's playing. I've got a pile of his LPs.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It is definitely a great "mood" piece.
And honestly, at least the skeleton, or arrangement of the piece is an easy entree into jazz, for a simple R&R/blues guy like myself- now, what you do with it, is another story.
I really don't know jazz guitar, but I can usually play something tasty over the changes...

Telefsantasia1

Tele-Meister

Absolutely beautiful,caught him at Yoshi's in Oakland years ago and I was floored at his touch and sound...Thanks for sharing this memorable moment in time!