1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Kenfucious ... 8 String Clean Guitar & Midi Guitar

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by KennyWTelejazz, Jul 4, 2017.

1. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

Hi All,

Kenficious starts out as a Duet between myself on 8 string guitar playing double octaves with a drum beat .
    The 8 string guitar also handles all the bass parts of the tune while also playing the songs chords in real time .
    There is also lots of regular guitar playing being featured in this song .
    Also , for those that are interested , I played all my synth based instruments VIA my midi guitar.

I hope you enjoy ,

Kenny

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

Awesome!

3. coolbreeze475

coolbreeze475 Tele-Meister

Brilliant. I'm impressed.

4. KennyWTelejazz

Hello Alan , Thank you very much for the song listen and showing an interest is some of my other music.

This is much appreciated ,

Kenny

Alan L Cole likes this.
  5. KennyWTelejazz

Hello coolbreeze475 , Thank you very much for having said a few kind words about my song and guitar playing.

all the best,

Kenny

6. Alan L Cole

You are welcome Kenny - you are creating some very cool music!

7. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Very cool - what are you using for MIDI guitar? Fishman Triple Play?

8. KennyWTelejazz

Thank you once again Alan .

all the best ,

Kenny

9. KennyWTelejazz

Hello fenderguitplayr ,

I'm using The Jam Origin Midi Guitar software interface .
    This is wonderful software . I prefer using this over my hardware Midi Guitar Interface ...
    The real beauty is The Jam Origin Midi Guitar software interface tracks very fast , accurately and the real bonus is I can use any electric guitar I want to use with out having to modify it ...

all the best,

Kenny

Alan L Cole likes this.
  10. Alan L Cole

How cool is that. I've learned something new. The thing about the Fishman that I didn't like was the prospect of altering a guitar. Here's first hand recommendation on the Jam Origin software, something I wasn't aware of - cool!

11. NWinther

NWinther Friend of Leo's

Somehow I felt teleported back in time and yet it is firmly new!
    Really liked it!

12. KennyWTelejazz

Hi Alan ,

The Jam Origin Midi Guitar is extremely versatile . You can use any guitar you own & it tracks fantastic .
    Not only can you use it within a DAW you can use it standalone . When used standalone you have access to all your synths , amp sims and vst plugins . You can customize your own patches and recall them at will once saved ...

Let me show you an example of how well the Jam Origin Midi tracks ...
    I took a Joe Pass tune and ran it through Midi Guitar in my DAW ...
    Jam Origin Midi Guitar is on one side of the stereo field triggering a synth set to a guitar patch , the other side of the stereo field is Joe Pass..
    It is important to note that I purposely did not edit or do a thing to both files ...what that means is I didn't fix any mistakes or edit one thing at all ...NADA ...if I did I could have made this even better .
    Joe Pass w Midi

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13311064

this one is Joe's guitar triggering an electric keyboard

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13548515

all the best,

Kenny

Alan L Cole likes this.
  13. KennyWTelejazz

Hello NWinther ,

Thank you very much for the song listen . I'm glad you enjoyed my tune.

Kenny

NWinther likes this.
  14. Alan L Cole

I haven't used DAW yet although I have a copy of Cakewalk Sonar that came with my BR800 recorder. I thought that the Jam Origin tracking was good based on your first example and I would probably use the Jam Origin software in standalone mode, at least at first, and I am considering buying a copy to play with. Seems reasonable priced. I'm a little old school, started playing my guitar seriously again after 40 years of it being sidelined. About 3 years ago I picked up a BR800 and started playing again. Also picked up an UltraNova synth and just recently a Boss ME-80 box. Musical technological advances have pretty much passed me by and I am now playing catch up. Thank you for sharing Kenny!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  15. KennyWTelejazz

Alan , you don't have to have a DAW to use Midi Guitar , it does come with it's own synths that are more than enough to get a taste ..
    Midi Guitar works great in standalone ..it will host all your VST synths and plugins .

Eventually you may find that it is to your advantage to learn your way around a DAW by getting one at some point later on down the road .

My concern is I don't know anyone who uses the BR800 as their only USB sound Card while using Midi Guitar ...
    I do have friends that use the BR800 as a preamp where they record into a Focusrite 2i4 as their sound card into the DAW .The BR has the guitar tones they like , so they use it as a preamp...

FWIW I used to use my BR1180CD that way for years ...as a pre amp before my sound card ...
    You may want to contact Jam Origin and find out if Midi Guitar will work with the BR800 only if that's all you have as a USB sound card ...
    Also before you spend your money give Midi Guitar a demo first ...

Now on the outside chance that you do have a PCI or USB sound card that has ASIO disregard some of what I have said ...
    if you have any questions along these lines ... you can ask me here in this thread ..

all the best,

Kenny

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Alan L Cole likes this.
  16. Alan L Cole

Thank you Kenny. I appreciate the advice and guidance - very cool of you. I know the BR-800 can operate as a control surface (USB) for DAW and they included Sonar LE in the package and the ME-80 can connect via USB to a computer but I'm not sure about it's DAW support. My UltraNova synth has USB/Midi support as well. I'm hoping I'm good one way or another with what I have - I just have to figure it out. I'm don't want to buy a separate audio interface if I don't have to. Thank you again Kenny. I see a new backer's up ;-).

17. KennyWTelejazz

Hi Alan ,

I'm not suggesting that you may have to buy a new interface , I'm suggesting that you do a little research to find out from Jam Origin if the BR800 you have is OK to use with Midi Guitar ...
    In Plain English ...Will It work ?
    That's what you need to find out since I don't Know about using the BR800 for standalone mode w Midi Guitar .
    It is real simple , send them an e mail VIA support and ask them ;)
    I do know if you install SONAR LE you should be able to use Midi Guitar within SONAR LE ...
    On your part ,if you decide to go there that might have you learning to deal with a DAW learning curve ...
    BTW, Your UltraNova is a really nice synth ....

alright have a good one ,

Kenny

18. Alan L Cole

My life's been a steep learning curve Kenny ;-). The UltraNova is a sonic beast and a great bang for the buck IMHO. Thank you for all the help with Jam Origin - way cool of you!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.