1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ken Carlson vs Doug Seven?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by rich2k4, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jason McLoughlin, however I like Ken's teaching to

saulitude and moosie like this.
  2. threadbare

threadbare Tele-Holic

Just ordered Ken's Country lead series. Anybody else have it.

3. Telemaster_81

Telemaster_81 TDPRI Member

well, guess ill add my .02
    I have both,
    Doug is great, you will learn, i can guarantee it, i played for over 20 years and learned several things from every video. He does talk a lot, but its music related, no bull, i dont mind it, but i have been buying from Doug since the beginning, so its normal and i know what to expect.
    i remember when he first started selling material. a lot has changed tho, not as personal as he used to be now that he has "made it big" so to speak. i mean i have everything he has ever made, but i still get the spam emails with the "deal of a lifetime" "last chance" crap, just letting you know you are a number for sure, but what you gonna do you know, it is what it is.. and i was a little disappointed in the last venture, it was the danny gatton, albert lee thing, it was sold as an "on fire"course, but nothing new for months now, i expected more material for how it was spun. but again, learned a lot from the material that is there, and i will continue to buy from Doug. well worth the money.
    Ken is great as well, i like that Ken has a lot of individual song based stuff, Doug does not have that. Ken is a good teacher and like Doug you will learn. biggest difference is Kens stuff is expensive, very, most to the point that you have to be really committed to invest in some of his stuff. if you are new and have no idea about the style, it may be worth it. however the items that i have bought from Ken have been well worth what i paid, and well taught with excellent video quality.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Ken is a great teacher, and he's very good to communicate with outside of the lessons. We email back and forth every now and then, sometimes just talking shop and gear.

5. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

I like Ken Carlson's lessons. Nothing negative to say about Doug Seven's...I just have not purchased them. Anyway, Ken has a $10/month deal that gives you access to all of his material. This is what I have...after previously purchasing one of his single song lessons. I have found the content, organization, audio/video quality, accompanying material (TAB, backing tracks, etc.) to be high quality.

6. VINMAN531

VINMAN531 TDPRI Member

Have you tried Steve Trovato?He's a great teacher.

7. historicus146

historicus146 Tele-Afflicted

Ken for song specifics...
    Doug likes to talk too much, though I think he has much to offer as well...
    Overall, Ken. I like the way he plays .... and his explanations are excellent.

8. BigbirdPhila

BigbirdPhila TDPRI Member

Someone has posted here recently that he is having trouble getting deliveries of already-paid-for items from Doug. Research that before sending any $$ if you decide to go with Doug.

9. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

When you look into the deals that Doug offers it is a solid investment. Lessons are not strong in theory and sometimes his explanations are a little off but the material is good, lessons are short and once you get through the talking as others have mentioned he is great. Best to invest in a bundle. He has plenty of free lessons on you tube to check out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.