1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Kemper club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Tubeboy, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

Although I don't own a kemper im considering one after watching the Andertons video on Utube. They blind tested it and both guessed wrong on all three tests. Pretty impressive.! Just wondering what people who own one have to say about them.

basdenchris likes this.
  2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've had one for a few years now, and though I still have all of my tube amps I almost always use the KPA. With the right profiles it's a thing of beauty.

jspartz and cyberglad like this.
  3. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

Thanks Bro for your perspective.

4. Bart Dietvorst

Bart Dietvorst TDPRI Member

The Kemper is a great piece of equipment, the best purchase I've made in years!
    (guitars, bas, pedalsteel all with Kemper)

Lef T and teleman1 like this.
  5. basdenchris

basdenchris TDPRI Member

Got mine a couple weeks ago. I was heavily influenced by that same Anderton's video, along with some players in my local community asking me what I thought about it. I realized I'd never really seriously considered it, writing it off as "another modeling amp" and assuming it was plagued by the same flaws as all the others. Once I saw the caliber of musicians/engineers relying on Kemper for their day-to-day jobs, I realized there was no reason to wait. Many others have said this, to the point where it's probably cliche, but it's definitely true for me: Systems like the Fractal and the Helix make me want to tweak; the Kemper makes me want to play.

6. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

I’m part of the club. Got mine a few weeks back. Loving it so far. Debating on getting the Kemper Remote to go with it or maybe getting the Line 6 HX to use as a midi controller. Not sure which I’ll go with first.

7. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  8. Ducksteino

Ducksteino TDPRI Member

I took the plunge about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately life, work, and my friend's alcohol issues have gotten in the way of the band (I'm trying to help my buddy through it), so I haven't gotten to play it in a live or rehearsal situation yet.

I really didn't want to get overwhelmed - I get buyer's remorse easily, so I took the time to set up the sounds I like first: a clean fender, a slightly overdriven lonestar, and THEN started checking out the other settings. Now I'm setting up the remote, which is easy also.

It's truly fantastic, takes pedals well (I use a wampler Eurphoria that I know really well). The onboard effects like the rotary & tremolo & are great, there are very useable delays & reverbs in there. I figured out the onboard tubescreamer & boosts easy enough. The EQ is powerful, I've programmed the stomps to a couple EQ's for solos. I could sell some pedals, though I'll keep the Euphoria & the Skreddy Echo.

SUmmary: It didn't take much for me to be able to plug & play, and if I feel like digging and tweaking for a sound, I can, but most important for me I can plug in & get the tone I'm happy with immediately. And it'll be there when I can get the band going again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.