1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Keep Austin Weird.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by MandyMarie, Jun 27, 2011.

1. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

I know people who have been homeless; believe me, the romance wears off within 48 hours. Plus, being homeless almost always involves medical or mental issues, which get at the root of why the person is / was homeless in the first place.

But; the other stuff is good... knowing you only from the TDPRI, my guess is that you already make people smile daily, so I would say you're well on your way :D

2. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Exactly, especially when you see moms in soccer-mobiles sporting them. It's way too forced, now. And, those stickers have been around for almost 10 years.

It's still a great place and one-of-a-kind, but the minute someone throws a commercial net over it in order to make a buck on the "weirdness," it's on the way to done.

Scott

3. E5RSY

p.s. Guilty as charged regarding Leon's scenario. Only once, though. :eek:

4. WaylonFan76

WaylonFan76 Poster Extraordinaire

Bingo ! That's exactly it... +1000

5. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

I see what you mean.

Many years hence, I still like the bumper sticker that says

New Orleans - Proud to Crawl Home

:D

6. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

I don't mind the Keep Austin Weird stickers...what I DO mind are the "Don't Dallas My Austin" stickers on cars with California plates!

7. geetarfreek82

geetarfreek82 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, I don't think I could ever stay there permanently... A heat wave here in the poconos is 80! Lol It's funny because my older sister lives in Florida and my younger sis lives in southern Texas and they both can't stand it, yet they won't move. Lol I just don't get it. Still would like to check out Austin one day though.

8. E5RSY

Good call on that one.

You see some up here that say "Keep Round Rock Mildly Unusual." Those make me smile every time.

Scott

9. gtrjones

gtrjones Tele-Holic

Mandy - I didn't explain Leslie to you because, well - you can't really explain Leslie. He has to be experienced.

and yes, I have a story. I put together a show years ago, down on 6th street. John Beland, the little band I was in at the time, and Johnny Issacs' band came up from San Antonio. We each played a set, and had a nice crowd. It was a 'no cover' place, so we needed someone to work the tip jar. Between sets, I found Leslie at the bar, and asked if he would mind working the crowd with our tip jar (knowing he loves the attention). Of course, he did, and did a terrific job. I bet he got more in that tip jar than most pretty girls would have, because he's shameless, and because some people probably paid him just so he'd go away. I wouldn't hesitate to ask him again, anytime.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.