Keeley Compressor Mini - Perfect Pedal Demo

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
I don’t know why more pedal demos can’t be this simple and effective. Plug a 52 Telecaster into a good amplifier and run through the settings. Under three minutes.

Now on to the more important question: who has one of these magic boxes and how do you like it? Have you compared it to the Ego, mini or full size?

I’ve been using the various compressor algorithms in the TC hypergravity/plethora, and ironically was thinking of buying a separate compressor box because I wanted more control of the variables. Then I see this demo and others of the Keeley mini, and it sounds exactly like the sound I want to get from a compressor, without any of the knob twiddling.

So, has Robert Keeley really figured out what a great compression set up is for a Fender rig and programmed nearly all of it for us?

jj69

Tele-Meister
I had one for awhile, was a bit underwhelmed tbh.
Always found it a bit bright. I much preferred the analogman bi comp I had.
Think I prefer compressors with tone controls or darker sounding comps

howlandwolf

TDPRI Member
I love mine. It does the transparency thing beautifully, and cranked it does a good enough mega-squashed 12-string Rickenbacker tone that I ditched the JangleBox. It's always on these days.

Whitebeard

Tele-Meister
I don’t know why more pedal demos can’t be this simple and effective. Plug a 52 Telecaster into a good amplifier and run through the settings. Under three minutes.

Now on to the more important question: who has one of these magic boxes and how do you like it? Have you compared it to the Ego, mini or full size?

I’ve been using the various compressor algorithms in the TC hypergravity/plethora, and ironically was thinking of buying a separate compressor box because I wanted more control of the variables. Then I see this demo and others of the Keeley mini, and it sounds exactly like the sound I want to get from a compressor, without any of the knob twiddling.

So, has Robert Keeley really figured out what a great compression set up is for a Fender rig and programmed nearly all of it for us?

I have Keeley's new bass comp. and it's excellent too. Simple demonstration video and simple to use. Keeley has been making great products for years since the days when he was modding other manufacturers pedals like Tube Screamers.