Keef finds Mick "Unbearable"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tele56, Oct 15, 2010.

1. rand z

rand z Friend of Leo's

love and hate are right around the corner from each other...

when either one of em "goes" we'll find out how the other really feels, and i think i know the answer to that one. theyve been through A LOT TOGETHER.

rand z

2. CodeBlue

CodeBlue Tele-Holic

I read that Mick MUST leave the stage when Keith is doing his nightly two songs.
    It's in the tour contract since they got back together since 1989.

3. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

I hope the book talks about the royalties that the various members like Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman recieved.

4. Tele56

Tele56 Tele-Holic

Keef and Mick have been together longer than most married couples...so it's the ideal love/hate relationship: they may hate each other but they love the money!

5. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

I think that's more because neither of them would have done very well if they weren't 'Stones'.

6. Rooney

Rooney Tele-Meister

I read an excerpt on Rolling Stone's website. This report here seems to be skewing the facts a little. Keith said Mick's unbearable, but that he is himself too; hell everyone is at some point.

7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

up was the only direction he could go.... :D

8. Earguy

Earguy Tele-Meister

Knowing Mick to be the showman, salesman, and everything but a carny, it wouldn't shock me if Mick told Keith to write anything he wanted - true or not - to sell a book.

9. River

River Tele-Meister

No such thing as bad publicity.

Thank you for your contribution.

Cha-ching.

10. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Ha! This from a man who probably prefers Linda Ronstadt's version of "Tumbling Dice." How am I supposed to trust your judgment?

Mick was not born with the greatest instrument, but it's hard to match the character and emotion he brings to songs. And if you look at his live performances over the last sixteen years, you see some amazing performances, both vocally and physically. I challenge anyone to run around like he does for 2.5 hours and sing like that.

Here's a performance of "Out of Control" from 1997 that I really like:

11. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

I could see how Mick could get annoying. I don't think Keith needs to make up this crap to sell a book. It doesn't change the fact that there is no rolling stones without either of them and Mick is a great frontman.

12. River

River Tele-Meister

Fanbois could easily levitate the Titanic.

If they had, it might not've sunk.

Hey, the Stones are great. They're also having you, and your money, five ways from Sunday.

Playing you like a cheap fiddle. Prove me wrong.

13. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's

They don't have anything in common except the Rolling Stones. They don't hang out together. Even on tour or recording, they don't really spend much time together and haven't in years.

There wasn't much on Charlie Watts in "Under Their Thumbs". He was quiet and reserved. The author couldn't tell at times if Charlie did or didn't like him.
    But Keef and Ronnie love Charlie...and I think Mick does too. When Charlie would do his jazz shows Mick would avoid them while Keef and Ronnie would attend to lend moral support.

14. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

They make me happy and they don't get much of my money, other than for new albums and I enjoy them immensely. I don't think I'm being played. And those who actually still go to the shows, they get a show, unlike, say, Dylan fans, who are merely treated to a strange, sad spectacle.

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Mediocre is a better way to describe it.

Bands stay together to prove it can be done - or when the members can't see anything else more appealing on the horizon.

The real cold truth is, after Jumping Jack Flash, we ain't got to much to cheer about. I will admit I was smitten hard and then one day I wasn't anymore, but the later music just lacks something it should have if we're to be talking about it in 150 years.

16. tiktok

tiktok Poster Extraordinaire

Really, after the first album it's all downhill.

17. doster

doster Tele-Afflicted

Funny, that's the same thing people were saying in 1989. It's fun to watch the Stones, even this aged version of them. They don't have to go out anymore, they want to.

18. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

The part I find funny about the upcoming Keith Richards book "Life" is that Mick read it and of all the decadent, devious things they've probably done over the years the only thing Mick asked Keith to take out was mentioning the fact that Mick uses a vocal coach.

19. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St., Some Girls... :confused:

Really?... wow... most of my favorites are on Some Girls.

20. StephenX

StephenX Banned

Yeh Boris, you are caught on that one.:lol:
    ""Jumpin' Jack Flash" is a song by English rock and roll band The Rolling Stones, released as a single in 1968." Quote and Unquote.

If you seriously believe (and I'm hoping you were kidding) that JJF was the last thing Stones did of value to you, then I must respectfully ask:
    WTF planet have you been on?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.