1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Katana Librarian for Android

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by darren7, Dec 21, 2018.

1. darren7

darren7 Tele-Holic

My brother is an engineer, and on the side, he’s developed apps for amps. He previously did a librarian app for the Yamaha THR series, and he’s just released Katana Librarian, which you can use with your Katana and any relatively current Android phone or tablet.

Check it out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsforamps.katana

* I have no financial interest in my brother’s apps. I just think it’s cool that he’s doing this, and would love to see people using it, if they find it useful.

keithb7, Adams and Georox like this.
  2. Adams

Adams TDPRI Member

Tried it. Great alternative to the BOSS Tone Studio, as it's on your phone or, in my case, tablet. Access to "sneaky amps" and settings not normally available in the BOSS software. Worth a look for sure!

3. unbridled

unbridled Tele-Holic

I love my Katana 50 and think this is an awesome idea. Does it only work if you have the wireless version, or is there a way to adapt the mini USB on a phone to the printer style USB on the Katana.

4. darren7

darren7 Tele-Holic

It works through USB on most Android phones or tablets. I imagine it's just a matter of finding the right cable and/or adapter(s).

Unfortunately no iOS support, something about Apple not allowing a particular class of peripherals to be accessed via USB.

unbridled likes this.
  5. unbridled

unbridled Tele-Holic

I found that they do make micro USB to USB-B adaptors. Might give it a shot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.