kanye....again.....really?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ce24, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I have refrained from even an attempt at ascertaining whether I like his music or not because I don't like rap to begin with, and I find him distasteful as a person, so I guess that doesn't leave much. The whole look at me, I'm a complete attention hog thing is a turnoff to me, I just don't care for it, if you like that sort of thing, then by all means indulge to your heart's content.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I don't particularly care for either (Beck,West)...now Jeff Beck and Leslie West, that's
    a different story. But artists should not talk about other artists.

Some of the other 2015 winners of note
    Chick Corea, Ziggy Marley, Weird Al Yankovik,Old Crow Medicine Show, The Earls of Lecister

3. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

There comes a point when you have to stop paying attention to an artist's art if the artist is an absolute jerk. Otherwise, you are just enabling their behavior.

Everyone gets a pass or two. Everyone can be excused a few idiosyncrasies. Kanye goes beyond that - he is developing a persona as a full time [deleted]. The more we listen, the more we tune it to see what happens, the more we allow it, the worse it seems to get.

If the industry / fan base would ignore someone after a handful of episodes, the episodes would either stop or go off the radar. At that point, we can enjoy the art without the drama.

$0.02.

4. stealyerface

stealyerface Tele-Afflicted

That quote makes me hate him even more.

At least we got Chris Brown to go away.

Everyone knows what his greatest hit was....

~syf

5. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

One time I asked my mom what her favorite Led Zeppelin song was kind of as a joke. She proceeded to sing the a capella break from "Whole Lotta Love" VERY passionately. My mom is not a rocker. It was pretty embarrassing for everyone, but Zep still jams.

Not saying you aren't entitled to that type of decision making process. Especially if you hold artists to the same standard across genres. There are just too many a-holes who are also great writers and performers, cleaving the art from the artist broadens what I can enjoy.

My wife can't stand John Lennon because he abandoned his first wife and son. Sure does eliminate a large portion of the canon.

6. shovelrider

shovelrider Tele-Afflicted

He was in the audience and also nominated for at least one award that I saw.

7. jondanger

This reminds me, should have added Jackson Browne and James Taylor to my list of d-bag musicians that people still like a lot.

8. GeorgiaHonk

GeorgiaHonk Tele-Holic

My thoughts exactly. So far he's only tried it with 98-pound waifs. I'd like to see him try to take an award away from Ted Nugent. Or Lemmy! :lol:

9. stealyerface

I saw Taylor Swift actually cringe, and bury her face in her friend's shoulder when the winner was about to be read.

My guess, based on how fast she stood up and gave Beck the standing ovation, was that she had absolutely zero-interest in walking by Con-Yay to accept another award, of which was deemed (by him) as not warranted.

Honestly, the whole thing is a farce. The fact that "All About That Bass" was a contender for Song of the Year...

Please.

~syf

10. GeorgiaHonk

GeorgiaHonk Tele-Holic

This is exactly why I have never even attempted to meet any of my musical idols. I can only imagine how crushed I'd be if I finally got a chance to meet Clapton or Dylan and they acted like a jack-ass to me. Man, I'd have a LOT of records to ignore.

11. 68 Shovelhead

68 Shovelhead Tele-Afflicted

Haha, and here I was beginning to think he'd pulled off clever image leveling publicity move. I see now he's just as delusional and DBaggy as ever. I feel sorry for the guy, he's got some really faulty wiring.

12. stealyerface

I would dare say that Jason Isbell has more real music talent than Meghan Trainor ever could wish for.

But when someone explains to me how "All about that Bass", based on the nominations, gets close to even remotely holding the jock strap of "Elephant", I'll understand pop music.

~syf

13. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Speaking of Chris Brown....

the itsonus stuff is pretty heavy handed... the ad for it brought the whole show to a screeching halt and I have to assume it is for an audience of someone different than my family... we all pretty much said, 'can we be a little more self important'... this is an honest response, not necessarily the 'right' response....

Do people actually watch these things and say "oh okay!"

14. jondanger

I agree that it's kind of like the Nationwide commercial from the Super Bowl ("I didn't get to do _________, because I died in a childhood accident.") Damn guys, major bummer!

But I heard an interview with Nationwide's PR/marketing guy and he said, "if the ad bummed people out, but stops the accidental death of one child, it's worth all the negative press." I think the anti-sexual assault stuff kind of falls in the same category.

15. stealyerface

I would have loved to see them air the spot live at the show, and have the camera trained on C. Brown the entire time.

Squirm much?

~syf

16. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Kind of like how people who loved Howard Stern listened for an average of 18 minutes a day, and people who HATED him listened for an hour and 20 minutes. Both providing the same reason for listening - "To see what he'll say next" :lol:

Kanye's a trainwreck, but trainwrecks draw a lot of lookyloos. Even so, the world was probably a better place when his jaw was wired shut. :D

17. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

The idea that Beck needs to respect Beyonce's artistry is one of the funniest and stupidest things I've ever heard.

It's a shame because Kanye has actually had a few decent records, but I really can't listen to any of them anymore without thinking about what a colossal idiotic douche he is.

18. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

i just hate decibels!

19. shovelrider

shovelrider Tele-Afflicted

You mean just like this thread? :D

20. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I smell me some sanctimony! (not you the guys comments)
    And, I want to go find some numbers that support what he said. I suspect they are backtracking and hunting for a rainbow in a turd.

I know that the Mathew McConaughey spots really DID work to sell Lincoln't to the unsuspecting.. and I know that modern marketing works...

but, the first comment I heard after the spot with the dramatic account from the young lady was... so, is the next song gonna be about bitches and hoes and gettin' them on the track?

It just seems self serving and self congratulatory.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.