Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

It is true that I am a product of my biases, but I am probably one of only a few here that have not been "programmed" like you suggest. As someone from a science background, the Earth is not a very unique planet from a geological/mineral perspective, although that could be a reason for alien investigation as you suggest, but then again, a single flyby would corroborate that as well.

An investment in retrospection of past and present civilization's will quickly reveal our own consistent lack of basic sustainability. Not very advanced - intellectually.:cry: Although, given our very short history of civilization (5,500 years) from Mesopotamia, we do have room and time to improve.:rolleyes:

3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

Are purple wigs involved?

Flyboy, gungrog and Chunkocaster like this.
  4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've seen a lot of shaming for not accepting that aliens fly ufo's around our planet and have been sighted by credible folks.

It's simple. People see things they can't explain. I say, do every bit of research to find out what they are. But in the meantime, don't tell me I'm programmed, brainwashed or have no imagination because I'm going to need some actual, tangible proof that these sightings are beings from another planet in ships created by highly advanced extraterrestrials.

And regarding ancients seeing crazy stuff...remember...hallucinogenic drugs weren't just discovered in the 60's.

5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

6. alathIN

alathIN Tele-Holic

I think the odds are that in an infinite universe there is intelligent life out there somewhere.

I think the odds that they come secretly to Earth to perform high-tech rectal scans on unsuspecting people in rural areas is exceedingly remote.

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

$22 Million a year? That barely cleared the Bar Tab.

8. aubrey67

aubrey67 TDPRI Member

Yup. LOL. That's what Unidentified Flying Object means, so it was very real. :lol:

9. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

10. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

jman72 likes this.
  12. blues bondsman

blues bondsman Tele-Afflicted

I saw UFO at the Notre Dame ACC in the late 1970's

Lights out in London, Hold tight till the end.

Love to love you ballad came off perfectly that night.

Flyboy likes this.
  13. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

This is similar to that thread on ghosts a while back, and my thoughts are the same -in an age when everything is photographed or filmed by anyone owning a smartphone i.e. just about everyone over the age of 12 in the western world - where is all the film evidence of alien spacecraft? You'd think there would be at least some high-quality footage available from the last decade or so.

14. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted

There is, it comes from the military, and it's been posted many times in this thread :). This thread was started because of the military's acknowledgement of their existence. NOT that they're aliens, just that they exist.

Torren61 and telemnemonics like this.
  15. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

That's just dodging MLC's question.

16. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted

Dodging? LOL

Dude, I'm not here to preach or "convert" anyone, and my response was based on where the evidence MLC asked for exists. So I have pointed out where the content lies, and expect that people will draw their own conclusions. I honestly and sincerely don't care what anyone chooses to believe.

17. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Holic

Come on people, you all know that UFO’s are just glitches in the Matrix.

18. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

I would love to believe in UFOs. It would be way cool if we were being visited by beings from other worlds.

However I was asking why there isn't a proliferation of amateur footage of UFOs when everybody and their dog owns a smartphone and video exists of everything from cats opening doors to meteorites flying through the sky. Or are UFOs only visible to the military?

19. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Durn UFOs should visit shopping malls and coffee shops more often so we can get better pics!
    Why in hell do they seem to be more interested in high tech military equipment than shopping malls? Don't they want to shop?

Of course if these things are terrestrial secret military tech, then we might ask a similar question: If the stuff they filmed and saw in 2004 has been around that long, why don't we have info on the now getting old tech? Cutting edge tech from 15 years ago is old news and should be in civilian hands by now, or at least should have been leaked to the tech press, or developed by a competitor, since little or no tech develops in a vacuum.

Why we don't have more info is a totally valid question, no matter what the unknown object may be.

Yeah so the US military budget for 2018 was $3.9 trillion.
    Pretty embarrassing that they can't tell us what the hell has been tracked by pilots and on radar, out maneuvering their best tech.

For that money we should at least get some entertaining home videos!

Maybe cell phones should come with cameras suitable for filming moving subjects over a mile away.
    Maybe all military aircraft should be fitted with additional cinema camera equipment to allow shooting quality footage in the event of such alleged encounters?
    Who would operate the equipment though? A third seat for the camera guy?
    Or a motorized operating system radio linked to teams of UFO film makers back on the carrier?

Anybody ever shoot video or stills with that long a lens?
    It is virtually impossible to shoot a 40' moving object a mile away, clearly, without a tripod.
    And very few if any can follow such an event with a camera on a tripod designed to follow moving subjects. A good cinema tripod alone costs $thousands.

Seriously, you have to try just looking through a lens with that much magnification and trying to keep it steady on a distant object. Ever breath moves the view 1000' across the landscape, with the 40' subject bouncing back and forth, if you even manage to get it in the viewfinder.
    No problem with a shorter lens, but then the subject is tiny and low res.

I don't know why I even bother posting in this sort of discussion.
    We still have humans that insist the global temp isn't rising, sea level isn't rising, the earth is flat, and the moon landing was faked.

I don't know what those things are but it seems crazy to patently claim that we know what they are not, and insist that they must be a gov cover up of mil tech, a kid with a toy drone, or fake pics from the Navy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Torren61 and chemobrain like this.
  20. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.