Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Holic

They're just medical probes in the being we're inside trying to figure out what kind of disease we are.

Before we spread.

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Most UFOs sightings sound like Douglas Adams’ ‘teasers’ from THHGTTG

Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.

They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor soul whom no one's ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their heads and making beep beep noises.

Rather childish really.”

notmyusualuserid and marc2211 like this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I have seen darting lights in the sky at night. They were unidentifiable speeding from one place to another, then standing still in the sky before doing the same. I watched them do this for maybe half an hour. I have no idea what they were. I wasn't contacted or probed by them so I went about my business and didn't worry too much about it.
    If Aliens are real I don't think they could do much worse at running the planet than our own leaders. Things might even improve if they take over.

If they are smart enough to find their way here they should be smart enough to realise we are all wasting our lives working jobs we would rather not be working to pay made up bills or products with manipulated prices etc.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I believe they have always been here as well as different species that pass through. Do you wonder why the Earth Moon orbit is conveniently arranged so we can only see one face of the moon? Perhaps so us primitive people couldn't see their activities while they were observing us. Australian Aborigine rock art and etchings dating back 40-60 thousand years depicts astronauts in helmeted "space suits" and even the ancient Mesopotamian and Egyptian civilizations have carvings and paintings etc. with fairly detailed depictions of people flying rockets etc. as well as tomb drawings that accurately depict air-planes and helicopters.
    Watch some of the astronaut's statements regarding them being followed. Neil Armstrong switched to the medical channel to report the presence of "aliens" watching them in huge ships from the rim of a crater. The reverse engineering of the crashed Roswell vehicle gave us transistors and integrated circuitry and digital technology according to some highly regarded scientists/engineers as well as statements from engineers who were tasked with duplicating their drive system.

I personally have not seen a UFO but a good friend of mine did and it frightened the daylights out of him and would not talk about it for years.

It will be interesting to see what vision comes from the recently landed Chinese probe on the other side of the moon, if it will be allowed to be seen by the general public.

Hundreds of pilots have been shadowed by them for years, so I guess I do believe they do exist!

DC

DC

5. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's

They need to go through the authorized entrance points and promise to show up for the hearing and there shouldn’t be any problems.

telemnemonics likes this.
  6. EllroyJames

EllroyJames Friend of Leo's

I married a monster from outer space..

7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You honestly believe an extraterrestrial space craft crashed on earth and transistors were a result of reverse engineering? I would have thought that something so advanced beyond our own paradigms of the day would at least have used technology on par with our current chip technology. An advanced civilization that can transcend time warps and travel light years would have to be more than 50 years advanced beyond our own archaic rocket propulsion and tube(valve) technology.

Obsessed and notmyusualuserid like this.
  8. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Meister

No. No they aren't. Sorry, but it's an enormous leap of reasoning to go from I see something I can't identity to the conclusion that it's therefore from another world. I don't really care who claims to have seen one, a pilot, astronaut or country bumpkin...they're reaching too. One hundred years ago the concept of gene splicing would be beyond the ability of the worlds most advanced medical minds to explain or understand or recognize. The Wright brothers could no more explain or recognize Stealth technology than their mailman. If you saw something like a F117 during its first flights in the late 70's it might seem like a UFO...or the pilotless aircraft of today that can execute maneuvers so abrupt it would kill a human pilot. I also find it really hard to believe that a race of beings would develop the advanced technology needed...yet still had to buzz people at tree top level or didn't have the ability to learn what ever they want to know from a distance by observation or simply intercepting all the computer info and other things being relayed by our satellites.
    Every bit of "photographic" proof I've seen always resembles our time. Had someone shot a picture or film of something that looks like today's CGI movies....back in the 50's, well that would be something. Instead they all look like Ed Wood's hubcap flying saucers...not George Lucas.

The biggest reason I don't think any alien life forms visit this backwater rock...
    Go to any video on YouTube and read the comments...why would any species that smart want to constantly visit a planet this dumb?

9. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

I blame HG Wells... he started it.

Re. Carvings...

That is how it starts. Misconception on misconception. Unless you can find more than the singular, conveniently rotated ‘tree of life’ roots carving looking like a traditional mercury space capsule.. I say you are are speculating re. Ancient spacecraft. People have also worn helmets as long as we have had warfare - which is pretty much forever. Great victories often would be memorialised in a carving. Go figure the helmets. Some examples please.

And remember human form is just one of the billions of variations of life. How come aliens in these depictions all have one head and vertical symmetry... ‘JUST LIKE A HUMAN’.

Re. Ancient flight...

Also people have imagined, wished for and illustrated having the power of flight since time immemorial. Are you actually saying that Icarus really did wax some feathers on and then fly too near the sun? Myths and wishful think from people looking at nature.

Re. Transistors... the whole history of semiconductors can be navigated if you choose to look. We used tubes for the exact same task before. It was not any type of unknown or unique use case and it has taken us decades to refine it. We are looking now at the next generation of quantum computing as we are reaching the atomic limit for making silicon transistors. Saying that quantum computing is alien too?

Re. Moon.

The moon is tidally locked to the earth. It is smaller and under more influence from the earth’s gravity and has slowed quickest to a halt. Our tides are just the moon pulling and slowing our earth’s spin the same way the earth slowed the spin of the moon. No alien ideas needed for that, just time.

Re. Space data..

A few years ago my own students sent their stuff on probes to the moon via the poles and the dark side (and Mars too BTW) and I guarantee they did not see or record anything unexpected and none of the thousands of reputable and experienced scientists we ever connected with suggested or warned about any potential alien threats or surprises.

Today we have probes beaming information back throughout the solar system that is immediately going to thousands of scientists and researchers. There is no opportunity to filter it unless you are saying that I and every astrophysicist and astronomer is in on a giant conspiracy.

We are not detecting anything out there. It is eerily quiet out there,and we can now see (and hear) pretty much to the edge of the cosmos now.

Need more than wooo stories and TV villain aliens to be convincing.

We need a guide on these threads on how to clear Google and YouTube history so people can escape the confirmation bias bubbles they are making from themselves.

10. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Connecting dots...certainly a human talent that has its risks....

11. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

Are UFO threads real, or just a way to drive eyeballs to advertising links?

12. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

I for one welcome our new lizard overlords

Chunkocaster and bumnote like this.
  13. notmyusualuserid

14. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

15. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

Wasn't that "V"

Flyboy and 24 track like this.
  16. RoscoeElegante

If you deposit $666,666 into my Nigerian account, I can tell you.
    -A. Prince

17. magicfingers99

number 38

upload_2019-4-26_11-8-8.jpeg

18. magicfingers99

I place the blame squarely on Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 1:1-48:22 The Message (MSG)
    Wheels Within Wheels, Like a Gyroscope
    1 When I was thirty years of age, I was living with the exiles on the Kebar River. On the fifth day of the fourth month, the sky opened up and I saw visions of God.

2-3 (It was the fifth day of the month in the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin that God’s Word came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, on the banks of the Kebar River in the country of Babylon. God’s hand came upon him that day.)

4-9 I looked: I saw an immense dust storm come from the north, an immense cloud with lightning flashing from it, a huge ball of fire glowing like bronze. Within the fire were what looked like four creatures vibrant with life. Each had the form of a human being, but each also had four faces and four wings. Their legs were as sturdy and straight as columns, but their feet were hoofed like those of a calf and sparkled from the fire like burnished bronze. On all four sides under their wings they had human hands. All four had both faces and wings, with the wings touching one another. They turned neither one way nor the other; they went straight forward.

10-12 Their faces looked like this: In front a human face, on the right side the face of a lion, on the left the face of an ox, and in back the face of an eagle. So much for the faces. The wings were spread out with the tips of one pair touching the creature on either side; the other pair of wings covered its body. Each creature went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit went, they went. They didn’t turn as they went.

13-14 The four creatures looked like a blazing fire, or like fiery torches. Tongues of fire shot back and forth between the creatures, and out of the fire, bolts of lightning. The creatures flashed back and forth like strikes of lightning.

15-16 As I watched the four creatures, I saw something that looked like a wheel on the ground beside each of the four-faced creatures. This is what the wheels looked like: They were identical wheels, sparkling like diamonds in the sun. It looked like they were wheels within wheels, like a gyroscope.

19. notmyusualuserid

Ezekiel. 620BC. Animal imagery. Then gyroscope! Riiiiiiiiiight.

Flyboy likes this.
  20. RoscoeElegante

PROOF...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/d09fdaf6-ca65-427d-8177-25f209ad9c3b
    that
    1) Drugs really are very bad for you
    2) The adulation of merely earthly audiences is never enough for adulation-needers
    3) 1+2 =
    images-4.jpg
    P.S. SO MUCH PROOF that you wonder if it isn't...too much proof.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wee...XEJt8KHXBHAo8Q_AUIDigB&biw=1258&bih=582&dpr=2

Granting the nuttiness involved and rationality's BIG scoop of needed skepticism, it still seems to me that in a universe so, well, universe-y, it is faintly possible. After all, our own planet produces some fun funk:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...rmous-cartoonish-eyes/?utm_term=.7a10eb865215
    (And otherwise, I'll have to pay off that damn credit card after all....)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.