Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Yeah, but then again, Einstein moved to New Jersey, so smart critters do goofy things sometimes.....

Wildcard_35 and drlucky like this.
  2. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

This and the AATIP aerial threat program would seem to confirm that the US military encounter some bizarre and apparently physical aerial phenomena. The ex-AATIP guy, Luis Elizondo, says the military is still investigating even though AATIP shut in 2012.

Aliens? Seems a very long shot. If there is indeed the implied substance to this, I’d favour more a long running, secret arms race around some undisclosed technology. The shift now could be that multiple countries are flying whatever the things are.

This is interesting stuff but people need to filter out many of the folks with book tours and YouTube channels. If this is really top secret, experimental military technology, the UFO industry has been a real help in obfuscating the truth from enemies by linking them to aliens and hyping up capabilities to make things sound impossible.

But you could take it as either a plus or a minus that the US military were taking UFOs seriously way back in the late 40s and early 50s. And the results of the official reports at the time were downplayed, choosing to focus on the high number of explicable cases rather than the small remaining number of very odd ones. Nothing came of any of that though so you can’t necessarily link this new stuff, or believe it won’t just end up going the same way.

Ironically, it’s the ET believers who need to keep an open mind here!

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  3. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Last posting on this, I promise. (Scotty needs to beam me to Ashtabula by Midnight.)

Boondoggle of a paranoid pod?

OR, my newest theory: them Rooskies don't put the lids on their borscht-making tight enough, and some flecks is a-flyin' our way....

I'm probably right, maybe.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

You don't know any more or any less than anyone else. You opinion is about as valid as anyone else's, not more.

5. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

Had an experience not unlike Torrens a couple years back. Lying on a dock in the Gatineaus about an hour out of Ottawa hoping for a bit of a show from the Perseids it was not uncommon to see satellites as well. But then I saw what appeared to be a satellite do some wacky manoeuvres up there. As far as I know satellites don’t do that. Military plane way high is I guess the most rational explanation.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Torren61 likes this.
  6. Masmus

Masmus TDPRI Member

A guy I used to work with was a air traffic controller at Fallon NAS during the 80's and 90's and he told me that one night while nothing was going on, someone operating in restricted air space (no radar signature) opens a mic and says "Did you see me?". All hell breaks loose with the immediate supervisors as to why he didn't find them on radar but as it went up the chain of command the whole matter was just ignored no explanation. Turned out it was F117 testing. So when the higher ups in the military ignore what should be serious incursions maybe it's because they already know what's going on. Just saying.

boredguy6060 and Torren61 like this.
  7. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

It is time for Tom DeLonge to chime in. Only then will we know for sure.

Flyboy likes this.
  8. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

I don’t think it’s worth more... I favour certain arguments over other ones, but this is mainly just baffling. It feels quite unsettling to have official sources talking about UFOs in this way.

And I’m talking solely about this recent military reveals and that this isn’t a disclosure about government knowledge of ETs just yet. I’d love to see that as much as anyone else. If there was knowledge to reveal, it’s not hard to imagine this is how they’d break it to us gently...

He’s said on Instagram these draft guidelines from the Navy are part due to To The Stars Academy’s consulting efforts.

There’s more to come from them. Their TV show starts next month.

Rick330man likes this.
  9. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Ufos? Sure, how else do you explain Tommy Emmanuel?

boredguy6060 and HoodieMcFoodie like this.
  10. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

We had to kill the ville to save it.

That's how human colonisation usually works. Why would aliens (woo!) be any different?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

There is a probability of alien life I would readily accept. Their behaviour though is quite bizarre and suggestive of far more mundane explanation. I think there are some big issues with what is reported as UFOs.

We had a big, disruptive drone scare at one of our major airports recently. It was not reported at the time as an ‘alien’ UFO but nevertheless it was, and remains, an unidentified flying object that did all the typical UFO things. Floating, dodging around, moving out of sight, etc. Witnesses really struggled to identify the range of it, now there are questions about if it really happened at all. We cannot really tell if a small dot in the sky is 200m away or 200 light years. Speed estimates mean nothing if range is undetermined.

What I do find most amusing is how the aliens managed to arrive at earth just in time for a disinformation rich Cold War and to cooincide with the arrival of a mass media that promotes hyperbole and that can influence the weak minded into conspiracy thinking. They also ‘arrived’ just on the cusp of supersonic and space flight flight when new aviation and space flight memes entered the public consciousness. Now any unexplained aerial anomaly was now either an alien or a secret government project. Classic cases of mistaken identity and confirmation bias - a very powerful bias indeed. UFOs themeselves went from being Zeppelin like Buck Rogers spacecraft ‘cigars’ in the 50’s to high speed triangles when the ‘triangular’ F117 stealth fighter started flying. Now they act more ‘drone like’. Very suggestive of flaws in eyewitness reliability. They see what they they think they see or want to see.

UFOs are a great theme to sell books and magazines and movies or to refresh a new WooTube channel. It just seems the time for UFOs and aliens has come around again after a couple of decades looking at ‘ghosts’ and ancient hidden civilisations. A new generation is ready to suck up the UFOwooo again. Is there some new TV pseudo science series about to launch and the social media marketing is kicking in perhaps? New SyFy channel program maybe?

Through the 50’s and 60’s, the heydays of UFOs, all sorts of pretty impressive aircraft, some semi secret, were tearing around the skies. My father worked on several of the UK research aircraft - Bristol 188, TSR 2, etc. before eventually putting his ideas into the aerodynamics of Concorde.

The quote mentions drones. Drones are a massively disruptive change and a major new concern of the Civil Aviation Authority I work with on projects here. We now have a bunch of new UAV research conducted by both publicly and uncontrolled privately funded organisations. Much is happening out of government and official control. Gathering data on sightings and unexplained examples is also simply part of reigning in control of an out of control aerial engineering and drone market. The recent wider advances range from ultra low power, long loiter aerostatic craft to transonic speedsters with next generation ramjets and hybrid rocket systems. We also have an near earth domain packed with shiny, spinning falling junk and more going up each week. A bunch of school kids I work with just sent up their own satellite to 200km last week.

Given the time and distances involved in space travel, we can also look at history. Humans have intensely looked to the skies for millennia and I find it quite curious that the vast astronomy history recorded, is uncannily void of these regular visitations. Comets and supernovae being well recognised as the causes of the few specific instances on unexplained things in the sky.

Now we have a sky full of drones and satellites and next generation unmanned aircraft with amazing performance and the opportunities to make mistakes in identification is rife. I would treat everything with a higher degree of scepticism than usual.

The UK military went though a similar UFO data collecting phase in the past as Blue Book, closing the book on it when the mundane reality of it all became obvious.

The announcement in the OP reads as a pretty clear recognition that drones need a proper, official look into. You begin such a task by quantifying it all and keeping a record.

This is the type of modern military concern.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40910087

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  12. Pickin N Grinin

Pickin N Grinin Tele-Meister

I'm leaning strongly on the "UFO's do exist" side of the argument. Sure, there are kooks out there just looking for attention but these sightings go back a long ways.
    Native Americans have reported seeing strange lights in the sky for thousands of years. To me, that alone shoots a big hole in the "secret military aircraft" theory.

Wildcard_35 and t guitar floyd like this.
  13. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

What do you mean, "Are they?" Haven't you seen this documentary!

14. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

if you want to know if aliens exsist check out this little guy!
    Tartigrades or water bears, although not an extremophile it can survive in the vaccuum of space and at the 400 degree water at an undersea vent its small enough to ride a rain drop, and Nasa is looking at genetically binding its DNA to ours for long distant space travel.

20150902_Glass_Tardigrade-MAIN.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ronauts-going-to-mars-resist-deadly-radiation

15. dobrojoe

dobrojoe Tele-Meister

UFOs are definitely real. They are Unidentified Flying Objects, that's all.

16. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Check out To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science. Besides Tom Delonge (I know, right?), It's headed up by ex-military and Defense leaders. For what it's worth, THEY say they're real (not necessarily from out space, but real), and we need to figure out what they are now. Because the technology they exhibit is so far beyond what we can do, or even understand how what they do is possible, if they did decide they didn't want us around, we'd be in deep doo-doo.

The reason it's not likely that the sightings released by the DoD are from Russia or China, is that the first incontrovertible sighting (detected by multiple military-grade systems, not visual accounts and hearsay) was in 2002, 17 years ago. Any country that had that kind of technology would by now have changed the face of civilization.

I think one of the released videos is linked here further up the thread. Watch them. I'm ex-Air Force, Intel guy myself. These aren't hoaxes. 'Nuff said.

17. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I would love to see evidence of intelligent life besides us. But the source for those articles are really dubious. Basically a funded boondoggle. And Elizondo and Mellon are funded by the Blink182 guitarist who has created his own company to find aliens.

The videos Elizondo provided were thoroughly debunked a while ago.

24 track likes this.
  18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

that is the key word intellegent, cuz there aint none on this bubble

Obsessed and Torren61 like this.
  19. PlainAllman

PlainAllman Tele-Meister

I saw UFO in Palo Alto, CA in 1998. The first night sucked cause Schenker walked off stage after a few songs. I guess he was too lit to play. Went back the second night and it was definitely out of this world!:D

Flyboy and voodoostation like this.
  20. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch Tele-Meister

I believe we are being visited from outer space, but I think they lock their doors and keep their windows rolled up when they see how we behave. LOL

brewsterallen and drlucky like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.