Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

Here’s an interesting patent the US Navy was granted. Of course, you can patent stuff without proving it works, but it shows that militaries are at least researching things that to us would look like alien spacecraft.

Whether the physics are real or they’ve ever flown anything like this is another matter. I am guessing this is theoretical. The Harold Puthoff mentioned in the description is part of To The Stars Academy, by the way. Some of this looks to be based on pretty fringe stuff... Makes you wonder whether some of this is being hyped up by a pseudoscience element in the establishment... The CIA and DARPA dabbled in all sorts of weird stuff.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/1b/f6/40/5712193f6a971f/US20170313446A1.pdf

Torren61 likes this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

I have no film record because it was around 2000, night time and I just went out back for a cigarette. I wasn’t expecting to see anything that needed recording and, even if I did have a camera, the object was too far away to get it on video.

I don’t think I’m making myself clear about what this looked like. Picture the kind of light blip you see when you see a satellite tracking across the sky or a distant “shooting star”.

Obviously I can’t tell you how far away it was but it wasn’t close at all. I just remember looking out at the horizon and seeing this light. The first thing that came into my mind was “Oh cool, a meteor.”. I followed it visually when it suddenly made a 90 degree course correction without slowing down. THEN I knew this wasn’t a meteor or a satellite because nothing I know can do what I saw it do.

I saw it. Period.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I believe you.

the research on memory and the certainty of memory is fascinating. You might enjoy it. I'd post links, but probably better if you find it in your own searches... cliff's notes: our memories are not very accurate. when we retell a memory, the original narrative shifts each time we tell it AND the previous version is lost.

There is a great (and really simple way) to learn about this--> if you listen to 'This American Life' Podcast... look for the one about Brian Williams... it is really interesting and a good story.... I've been doing a lot of reading about memory and it has significantly changed the way I think about memory and my own memories... it does not discount them, but it considers them....

4. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Some pretty big numbers... 1e+28 Watts. That is like a way way beyond all the stars in the known universe size number. They gonna stash a black hole in the fuel tank?

Interesting read. EM drive feel to it.

5. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

That's 'DABBLE' not past tense. I wouldn't trust those f*%$ers with an 1800's era spinning wheel, much less that kind of technology as described in that patent.
    I read through most of it, but that kind of math is WAY over my head, but seriously fascinating stuff! I really can't understand how that kind of technology could be contained/controlled, but it wouldn't surprise me if we found out in the not too distant future through the FOIA or something that they've got it working and then that would explain a LOT of the UFO phenomena.

6. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    FWIW about a month ago I spent about 10 minutes watching the lights of a car travel down a road about 2 miles from my window. It was moving against the frame of the window just like it should.

Funny thing is it was there 30 minutes later and the next night and the next ... but now I use two frames of reference...and it does not move. :)

getbent likes this.
  7. UltraOne

UltraOne TDPRI Member

This is always an interesting subject. I too wonder, as did a previous poster, why the UFO's fly around with lights ablazing. Maybe it has something to do with their propulsion, but then, on numerous occasions, the lights blink off. Maybe the lights aren't connected to propulsion, but if I were to surveil a planet I sure would think twice about alerting and concerning the inhabitants by staying lit up.

So some of them turn their lights on and off. This suggests that the skies may be full of UFO's that aren't lit up at the moment. Also, with thousands and thousands of earthings walking around with cell phones every day and night, why aren't there more UFO photos?

Re flight paths of UFO's, I find some of the reports I read here and elsewhere very puzzling, from a logic standpoint. Why would a UFO flying across the sky suddenly make a 90 degree turn? What could be the purpose in that? If there is a destination in mind, a direct path is best. If there is no destination planned, why make such a drastic turn? Why do the UFO's make patterns with other UFO's?

Where are UFO's from? Other galaxies via some yet undiscovered method? Or from government programs on the earth itself?

Or, if we are not to exclude any means, we can also say that they are from our future, and perhaps UFO's are drones from our future.

Torren61 likes this.
  8. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I think the plot is that WE are the aliens... we feel isolated and alone and unless we can afford a chimp to be our best friend, we long for that 'final complete' connection... with an alien... who FINALLY understands us.

9. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The mass quantity of questions is what prevents me from any sense of an answer.
    One basic fact is that even if there are aliens from far away fling around earth, there will inevitably be far more terrestrial mysteries piquing our interest.
    Experience might suggest that if 99.9% of reports prove false, then most likely all are false.

While lights in the sky can maybe convince a witness, IMO no footage of lights in the sky can tell the viewer much because it's just too easy to record video of lights moving by moving the camera, and there is no scale, distance or perspective in a 2d video.

WRT the unreliability of eyewitness accounts, I agree that we are generally poor carriers of visual data.
    For that reason there are few eyewitness accounts that would really make me consider what they suggest.

Some though are more compelling, yet compelling eyewitness accounts are not enough to convince me of anything.
    Even my own witnessing of a couple of events fails to convince me of the origins, because it's just an awfully big stretch of the imagination to accept.

OTOH the existence of vast numbers of false reports doesn't convince me that none are true.
    And the oft repeated rationalizations that reports are false are no more convincing than many of the reports themselves.

Those who are convinced all sightings are false do not really present a fully convincing argument, though of course none can prove that stuff we can't prove doesn't exist.

It's interesting though that some insist it's all false and some insist it's all true.
    Those two groups are staunch believers in their own beliefs.
    I find it hard to understand how one gets to either position, though I suppose an extremely convincing experience could do the trick.
    Getting to the point of being certain there are no space travelers is really a mystery though, seems more belief based than knowledge based.
    Could religious indoctrination eliminate the ability to consider alternate realities?
    How can anyone know what they do not know, without believing in something that depends on what they don't know being impossible?
    Are there other indoctrinations that do that?
    Maybe growing up in a family of hippies who believe in everything?
    Resulting in a skepticism so strong it just creates a rigid view of our little world?

I'm in the third group that just doesn't know but finds some of the accounts interesting and worth considering with an open mind.

I'll give the skeptics a win though and mention that my curiosity has waned in light of their efforts to snuff it out!

We are in a time I suppose when fact has become so suspect that it's almost a dirty word or a call to arms. Disagreement is like breathing, if we stop we might drown in the bull. I can sort of agree with that.

RoscoeElegante likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.