Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

Whatever dude :rolleyes:

Since I wasn't the one that witnessed this, I'm not going to argue with you,
    but my brother is NOT some regular civilian yahoo when it comes to identifying aircraft, considering he's a retired USAF air traffic controller; and he knows what he saw. He and I both tend to believe that what he saw is most likely some kind of classified military aircraft with a technologically advanced propulsion system, not necessarily an extraterrestrial craft piloted by aliens.

However, I surmise you wouldn't believe in unexplained aerial phenomena of any type even if it flew up your arse!
    I'm sure you'd find a perfectly plausible explanation for that also. :)

Of course there is a certain percentage; possibly even the majority of these 'UFO' sightings that have perfectly good explanations, but there are WAY too many reported incidents from all over the globe for them all to be explained away so simply.

I'm not so sure I believe in alien piloted vehicles myself, and although I've seen lots of photographic evidence, I've never seen Mt. Everest either; doesn't mean it's not there and everyone who has seen it is crazy or doesn't know what they're seeing with their own eyes.

Open your mind, Sir, scientists discover new things about our universe, and new species on our planet nearly EVERY DAY, do you REALLY think we know it all?

Oh, I'm sorry, uh, apparently YOU do, my bad.

Rufus likes this.
  2. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

The power of suggestion plays a role, too. More putative sightings beget even more of them. Like seeing the image of the Virgin Mary in a piece of burnt toast.

william tele likes this.
  3. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

Things flying in the sky that I can't identify? Sure. Space aliens? I have no idea.

4. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

So, please tell me what can change course by a perfect 90 degrees at extremely high speed without slowing down. I've seen stealth fighters from the ground and they are awesome to observe but they look like military planes. I've also seen "Warthogs" in action and neither of those aircraft can execute a 90 degree course change without slowing down. Btw, I painted B-52s in the Air Force so I'm no stranger to military aircraft. Oh, and what I saw was NOT an insect lit up by something. It was far away and resembled the same light that you would see if it was a satellite.

scrimmer likes this.
  5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

441B981E-8656-4861-BB31-9089425AE96A.jpeg

scrimmer likes this.
  6. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    1) 1 of 8 (or maybe 9) planets that orbit our sun have life.

2) It appears that MOST stars have planets. (At least the ones we have looked at hard enough)

3) There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe

4) There are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy

5) There are LOTS of stars in the universe

6) If the 1 of 8 ratio holds true...there are LOTS of planets with life.

7) Even if that 1:8 ratio does not hold true, there are STILL lots of planets with life.

But...

Space is HUGE.

If I were to visit another star, I would want to do it in a time frame that would allow me to make the round trip. That means a few decades. Now study up on your physics (both Newtonian and Relativistic) look at the energy it would require to get you there and back.

Aliens are NOT consuming the mass equivalent of small planets to come visit us and then up and disappear.

So...Yes, aliens exist. No, they are not visiting us.

7. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Maybe what we call life isn't what other planets are even about.
    It's kind of narrow-minded to look only at "life".
    And just because we're not seeing much in the way of what we consider to be life, that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't consciousness, sentience... we are so darn sure that everything has to be within the realm of what we know and can understand....stupid, arrogant, self-absorbed humans, thinking everything has to be structured in a way that they can readily observe and appreciate it :)

telemnemonics, scrimmer and Torren61 like this.
  8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

scrimmer likes this.
  9. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

EXCEPT, you're basing that on our current knowledge of physics. Think about what we knew 300 years ago and what we now know of the laws of physics. Now think about what we may not know and what we will learn in 300 years (if we don't kill ourselves before then). What if there is a way to travel vast distances without using all that energy but we just don't know how to do it yet? How many of those alien civilizations are thousands of years older than ours? How many are even older than that? There's no telling what technology they may have developed.

jman72 likes this.
  10. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    When you enter into the area of speculation, anything goes.

Tooth Fairy?

Batman?

Left-handed basketweavers?

Science works, we we give it a chance.

:)

11. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

I think the theory of interdimensional entities visiting our dimension is more logical than the possibility of interplanetary aliens visiting our planet.

Bu what the hell do I know, I also think farts are funny.

getbent, william tele and Torren61 like this.
  12. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

Or quarks, black holes, neutrons, quasars, light speed, mach speed... none of which were thought of or proven 300 years ago.

Pickin N Grinin and scrimmer like this.
  13. Guitarteach

don’t question...

3E667189-58B5-4C00-9366-7947E0567723.jpeg

14. teleaddicted

teleaddicted Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

...a 3D hologram...? :confused:

15. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

Physics is just a model, and it gets extended all the time. Since “warp drive” was brought into mainstream theoretical physics, the hypothesised power needed has dropped from all the energy in the universe to a star, and some new “low” power equations were published this year. But that’s just warp drive. Solar sails, ion drives and other more feasible propulsion systems can get you places much faster than traditional rocket engines. Plus a long trip of decades might mean a lot less to a species who lives much longer than we do.

But what are the chances of intelligent life living so close? There could be a species out there that’s been exploring and colonising for millions of years. Living somewhere doesn’t mean that’s where they started out. We just don’t have enough data. Some of the new telescopes and imaging techniques for analysing exoplanets might give us some clues. These are exciting times for astronomy.

Torren61 likes this.
  16. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Why would an alien go though all the effort necessary to travel light years, just to visit a planet over run by a much inferior species than themselves?
    We wouldn’t do it.
    We must accept that we really don’t know jack about wether there is life outside our planet, or if there is an existence beyond this physical life we are living.
    We have tons of anecdotal evidence, but no way to scientifically prove anything, yet.
    I watch and read a great deal about these very subjects and if anyone has anything beyond speculation, be it scientists, or layman, I haven’t seen or heard of it.
    We’re all just guessing.

17. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

Maybe they come here to observe a species that's thousands or more years behind them in development. That's what we would do.

Pickin N Grinin and bgmacaw like this.
  18. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

What I saw wasn't a hologram.

19. Guitarteach

What is it with the deep anal fixation of the aliens?

20. Guitarteach

What were the circumstances. Clear starry night, overcast? Were you moving/driving?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.