Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

If one was to look at the things the Romans built a few hundred years after the fall of Rome. Then look round at the local inhabitants one might think there's no way their ancestors built those things.
    World history is full of civilizations that raise to power, built fantastic cities, buildings, roads, acuducts and whatever., then fall for one reason or another. After a civilization falls the people left in the area somehow loose all the technical knowledge.
    One example concrete. The Romans had concrete, it took hundreds of years to rediscover freaking concrete after the fall of the Roman Empire. In the course of human inventiveness, concrete, one would think is quite simple.
    When our era ends, and it will, how long will it take to rediscover the technology we now have? Like this means we're communicating with right now for instance.
    I'd imagine when that happens, someone will look to the stars and say the IPhone came from outer space.
    Oh yeah, they already are. :)

Guitarteach likes this.
  2. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

Go back beyond the Romans to the Grecians. They are the considered architects of civilisation.

3. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

There were many civilizations that were pretty advanced in antiquity. I just used the Romans as an example because I don't think anyone is saying aliens did their building. And also because while in France I got to see some Roman works. Of course I also saw some pretty amazing buildings built after the Romans and before cordless power tools.
    One thing we also tend to forget is the time the ancient people spent building. A few hundred years to build Notre Dame for example.
    People probably spent their entire adult lifetimes working on many of those things. Go to work at say 15, learn a trade, like stone cutting, then do that every day until you die, on one project you won't live to see completed.
    No wonder they were so good at it!
    Plus I don't imagine they had 40 hour work weeks then. :)

Guitarteach and Flyboy like this.
  4. Rufus

Rufus Tele-Afflicted

With all of the cellphones out there, many people say "why aren't there any videos of UFOs?"

Well, there ARE plenty of videos available online, but of course, they are then ALL dismissed as being photoshopped, right? :confused:

Or, in the case of the Phoenix Lights, its explained as just the Air Force dropping flares at night.
    The main problems with that readily accepted explanation is that:
    (1) most military aircraft-dropped flares only burn for a few minutes, not 30-60 minutes before they extinguish...
    and...
    (2) flares are suspended under a parachute and are still subjected to gravity, which means they FALL at a steady rate until they hit the ground, not hang motionless for 30 minutes or more.

So the "accepted official explanation" doesn't pass the smell test. (the real explanation for the Phoenix Lights could very well be a secret black project of the US military...but IF they wanna keep it secret, then why fly it over a city of several million people and flash your lights on and off?????):rolleyes:

I consider myself a sceptic (which is different than a nonbeliever). I look for credible evidence and dismiss claims that have no accompanying evidence.

But No matter what the evidence (and there is plenty out there...radar, visual reports from military and airline pilots, trace physical evidence left behind, ASTRONAUT statements, law enforcement officers, videos, NASA footage, govt documents,etc), there will be those that say its faked without looking any further.

Your opponent can't score if you keep moving the goalposts. ;)

I acknowledge that 95% of the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena cases can be explained by conventional terrestrial causes.
    However, the remaining 5% are just too difficult to dismiss.
    Many folks believe that if one UFO is explained or discovered to be a hoax, of course that means that they ALL are.

The native Americans had a great saying..."It only takes ONE white crow to prove that ALL crows are not black."

Also, if your civilization is 100 years or more technologically advanced than ours, its not a stretch of the imagination for them to have mastered "virtual invisibility", redirecting or reflecting light around an object as to render it invisible to an observer. Our military services have been working on this for years.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  5. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

Can't say that I've ever seen one, but my brother who lives up in the hills of NC near Boone, in a very secluded area, saw something like the classic black triangular shaped craft with 3 lights, one at each corner passing silently one night at what he estimates at approx 1000 ft above his house, moving east to west about a year or so ago.
    When I asked him why he didn't get a pic, he just said he was too enthralled at that moment to do anything but just stare at it. He said it looked huge and didn't make a sound.
    Personally, I think these are highly classified military aircraft of some type. Probably the fabled TR3B plane.
    F18s, F22s and military copters fly over him all the time. Seen quite a few of these myself when visiting.

Torren61 and Rufus like this.
  6. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

Anyone heard of the Black Knight satellite?

7. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

The detached heat blanket.

Matthias likes this.
  8. Guitarteach

Flashing lights like aircraft flashing navigation lights convenienently transmitting in the narrow human visual spectrum. Coincidence?

IR signatures the same as gas turbines. Coincidence?

Radar signatures similar size to earth aircraft. Coincidence?

Even the ‘evidence’ presented is more like evidence of human designed tech.

Add in simple perception errors, retrograde motion effects with aircraft vector changes, poor distance judgement (can you tell a star from a satellite from a planet or a shiny insect caught in some light 10 yards away? - billion or trillions times differences in distances) and the massive increase in drones both private and military in recent years.

Just need better proof. I am open minded and like any scientist, would be all over any credible evidence.

YouTube videos... how many videos uploaded by teens of drones carrying torches do I need watch?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  9. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

Like this do you mean?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

Is that what it is? Seriously?

11. Guitarteach

According to STS88 shuttle crew members Newman and Ross they confirmed they lost a thermal blanket in one of their three EVAs. The pic was taken from their shuttle.

56DE1A2A-F996-410B-AADC-B6A803784805.jpeg

But let’s not that get in a way of a good conspiracy theory and it being evidence of UFOs :)

I mean look at it. It looks nothing like the Black Knight

FAD606B8-47E7-48E2-961D-702EA77B31C4.jpeg

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Matthias likes this.
  12. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

It's only a flesh wound!

scrimmer and Flyboy like this.
  13. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

The subject of many YouTube conspiracy videos.

That's what THEY want you to believe...

(Watch my video and click the ads please!)

14. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

I knew someone would post a photo of medieval Knight. :twisted:

15. scrimmer

scrimmer Tele-Afflicted

Actually, no, not like that at all. My brother is retired AF and would know an F117 or B2 when he saw one.
    Those aircraft are NOT silent and don't move at a snails pace as the craft he saw. It was also seen again near the same area and filmed by someone around the same time that he saw the craft. It's on YT somewhere I think, although I didn't come across it just now.

16. Rufus

Rufus Tele-Afflicted

You just proved my point...ONE object has been identified as manmade, therefore you explain away ALL objects as manmade. The logic doesn't hold.

As far as teenagers flying drones, that could only explain the last 5-10 years.
    Do drones fly above our atmosphere?

Look at Youtube for official NASA video feed from 1990, Space Shuttle STS-48 taken from the Space Shuttle looking back toward Earth.
    The shuttle is 355 miles above Earth moving at 18,000 mph. in the distance is an unidentified light they are filming as it moves at a steady unaccelerated rate.
    A flash of light is seen from Earth and two (missle) contrails emerge from below toward the object. the object does an immediate 90 degree turn and accelerates out of the camera view. No currently known manmade object can do that.

NASA's explanation of it being ice or space debris disturbed by firing of the Shuttle boosters cannot be because it is much too far away from the Space Shuttle.
    And I certainly hope NASA and our Pentagon are not so incompetent as to fire missles or advanced weaponry at space junk.

Then again, I think you're right...probably 2 teenagers back in 1990 playing with drones at 300+ miles above the Earth. :lol:

17. Guitarteach

I provided some official witness statement background to the ‘Black Knight’ myth. I made no comment about any other examples.

‘Do drones fly above our atmosphere?’

Well yes they do. Virtually every one of the satellites up there is essentially a drone operating above the atmosphere. They are unmannned and most have reaction jet systems (instead of propellers) to allow them to move and reposition themselves or adjust altitude for a decaying orbit. They are completely drone like.. but let’s put that aside for now.

I did look at the videos (including the complete original nasa footage), several ‘aliens are real’ rants with robotic voices and some pseudo-science documents that just showed me that we have some big problems with our education system!

The full length official video (not the conveniently edited mythmongering clips) of STS-48 includes the voice transcript of the waste water dump maneouving sequence the crew asked to do earlier than scheduled to avoid contamination of the payload launch. Small ice particles would certainly have been in the vicinity of the craft catching the sunlight. They would drift ‘at a steady unaccelerated rate’ exactly as you describe. Newton’s laws pretty much cover that.

The reaction jets firing could ABSOLUTELY rapidly move any nearby drifting, light reflecting ice particle quickly away at an angle too. The spacecraft would also move, which means the camera view would also abruptly begin to move relative to the ice particles which would also result in the motion described. Evidence of the object moving is also the same evidence that could prove the camera vehicle moved. In fact some of the myth videos describing a curve in the path of the objects is even stronger evidence of the spacecraft moving as it would accelerate under thruster firing. Curves generally indicate a change in velocity.

It is blatantly obvious in the video that multiple objects catching the light all move in the same way and at the same angle at the same moment as when the thruster was engaged to begin to turn the shuttle This is the complete and clear evidence of the craft moving through a cloud of small particles in the near vicinity. The parallax is obvious.

ZERO evidence of the objects being distant is present. That the objects are ‘far away’ is just a huge assumption that the fake narrative all rests on. It is point sources of light. If you do have positional data (eg from other cameras) please share it. From Earth, a star, a satellite a planet or a torch shone from a nearby mountain top all look EXACTLY the same. The video frames hold no distance information whasover. It is just assumed.. and assumption if the mother of all f**kups. The en-masse parallax movement observed, is in fact clear evidence that the particles are in a cloud in the close vicinity of the shuttle - likely within tens of metres. Exactly as would happen if liquid were dumped into the icy cold of space and the craft moved - exactly as the crew describe in the official video. In the full length video the final orientation of the shuttle is obvious, confirming that timeline and the use of thrusters to rotate the craft.

The WooTube videos editing out the crew commentary and preceding and later events, are expressly made to remove key supporting evidence from the fake narrative. The post landing review / debrief presentation is also available - no mention of aliens and the crew seem pretty cool if you are suggesting they were recently witness to an alien craft interception.

If this is the best of the best evidence out there, it’s cr*p. Sorry.

I am entertained by trying to work out the likelier facts of stuff like this.. just like some people are entertained by jerking the bias strings of others. So thanks. You made my morning.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    notmyusualuserid and chris m. like this.
  18. Guitarteach

Could simply be a formation flight. In poor light or at a distance it could easily mistaken as a triangular alien craft.

Humans easily trick themselves into making shapes by connecting dots.

9F165568-6666-4171-8843-92CD79899CEE.jpeg

The ones that change from triangle to square, etc. Viewing angle or formation change?

[​IMG]

19. Pickin N Grinin

Pickin N Grinin Tele-Meister

While I cannot say with certainty that UFO's not of this world do exist, the vigor that the naysayers display in concocting simple explanations to explain away every possible event is breathtaking.

jman72 and scrimmer like this.
  20. Guitarteach

Tonewood got boring.

Pickin N Grinin and Matthias like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.