Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

Much of von Daniken's woo postdates classical antiquity by many centuries. According to Eric, Quechua peoples couldn't have built Macchu Pichu because they didn't have the wheel or steel tools. Therefore aliens were active in South America for nearly a thousand years from around AD 500.

Matthias and BobbyZ like this.
  2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

YouTube: UFO Sightings 2019

3. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Whoops I wasn't done yet and hit post.

4. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Friend of Leo's

This is by far the most entertaining thread so far!!

I fall on the "I want to have far more proof, before I would claim "aliens" camp."

Sure the unknown universe is tremendously large, the chances of no other life is very, very small. But how would we know (without that pesky proof) that life is not microscopic or so large they make the Empire State Building look like a child's toy? How do we know they have a single head?

I have many questions, just about size!!

Am I closed minded to the possibility of Aliens existing? Absolutely not. Do I have any proof said unknown aliens have visited Earth, I'm highly skeptical.

Do I think that the sightings are fake or lies? No, not really. People are funny, they jump to conclusions based on very little information. It's a shortcut and we do it all the time. But when it comes to important stuff, you have to dig far deeper and need quite a bit more data.

Have you ever witnessed an event with your best friend (or another person) and when you talked about that event afterwards there were huge differences in what you both observed? This is not saying that you were right and they were wrong, just that what you remembered and communicated was different from the other person.

In a highly agitated state (fear, high adrenaline situations or imbibing any sort of chemical stimulant) what you observe and remember can be altered.

I've seen objects in the sky that I could not identify. But the leap to aliens is a great one and requires an exhaustive amount of research and much more information than just personal testimony.

Jumping to conclusions that it's aliens is jumping the gun.

william tele likes this.
  5. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

AFAIA, there has been no theory of pan-dimensional travel.
    Easier? Yes. Unless you know of any theoretical papers on pan-dimensional travel. Just asking, no offence and certainly not trolling.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Torren61 likes this.
  6. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

Indeed. They're called Zoomers and Rockets. They emerge from an alternative reality called 'Glasgow'. Word up.

7. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

that may have Von Daniken's take on it, but the modern interpertation by skeptics is that there appears to be 3 different styles of construction, with the most sophisticated techniques including megaton blocks of stone and precision joint that wont fit a human hair between blocks, and inside perpendicular cuts perfectly flat and true,being the oldest of the structures. Therefore not likely to be original Inca construction, unless somehow in 500 years they forgot how to do such things.

it appears the Inca built on ancient ruins of a pre ice age culture.

upload_2019-5-3_15-40-36.jpeg

objects on left weren't likely made by same culture as objects on right.Notice inside corner on large stone in rear of photo.

we can't really do this sort of work with our current machinery on this scale. but somehow INCA's did this 500 years ago according to current archeolgic theory. something doesn't add up. Beleiving this to be the work of the same culture requires more faith than most religions.

8. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

I'm more of a believer in the ingenuity of man, including ancient engineers, than in any kind of intervention by aliens.

The big impediment is the speed of light and the size of the universe. Physics tells us that normal objects with mass (i.e., creatures) cannot go faster than the speed of light.
    Alpha Centauri is 4 light years away. The Earth has existed for around 4.5B years, and only in the last 500 years have we been technologically advanced enough to even look to
    the heavens and see things like the moons of Jupiter. And we are a long way from even getting as far as Mars.

While it is possible that there are technological breakthroughs to come, I still think there are some serious barriers to interstellar travel-- the speed of light problem making interstellar travel time
    almost interminable, the problem of radiation exposure, the problem of feeding oneself for many years in space, etc.

When thinking about life on other planets, here's how I break it down. Recent research suggests that almost every star has planets around it. Yay, that's good news. That means there
    are probably billions of planets with Earth-like conditions (liquid water) favorable to life. But then you have to factor in the odds of evolving intelligent life, and the odds of that intelligent life
    developing interstellar travel, and then the odds of them looking in our direction among the many billions of Earth-like planets. Then there is also the problem of cataclysms. Humanity has been
    quite lucky that there hasn't been a major asteroid to hit the Earth in the last 2 million years since we first climbed out of the trees and started walking upright. We also might hasten our own demise
    in other ways-- such as a large scale nuclear war. So the odds of an intelligent alien persisting long enough to develop interstellar technologies and then to actually find us start to get lower and lower
    and lower. Not to say it isn't possible. It seems to me that the odds go way up if physics shows us a way to actually achieve faster than light travel. But if physics tells us (as it does now) that the speed
    of light is a hard speed limit then the odds go way, way down. They may be out there, but the odds of ever making contact with them become less likely then an ant colony in Patagonia ever making contact
    with an ant colony in Iceland. (In geologic time I suppose one day Patagonia could touch Iceland as a result of continental drift....).

william tele likes this.
  9. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I see UFOs every day.

brogh likes this.
  10. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

The odds of aliens depends on your starting point.

Maybe we’re late developers. We’ve had a lot of mass extinctions. Is that normal? That would be an interesting scenario.

Also, if one planet colonised others 250m years ago, that species could have evolved in several ways in several places. They might be unrecognisable to each other.

There are loads of scientifically plausible scenarios you can play out to make the odds better or worse. With a sample size of one (Earth), we don’t have the data.

Hopefully as we develop our means of analysing the atmospheres of exoplanets, we’ll get some better data.

Which is what makes this conversation so fun :D And even if there are just space slugs or bugs elsewhere and nothing intelligent, it would be a wonderful discovery. A lot of scientists think we’ll find signs of other life someday soon. I hope I see it.

11. gtroates

gtroates Tele-Meister

I do think at least a small percentage of these strange sightings with sudden direction changes could be “eye floaters” those particles floating around in our eye liquid that occasionally move across our line of sight. We all have these floaters, and some of us have seen them bounce back into view with a change in direction while staring at a white reflective surface like reading a book in bright light. I don’t think positively or negatively about UFO sighting reports, I just have never seen lights in the sky without an eventual rational explanation in my life so it’s hard for me to be as enthusiastic as the people who are convinced they have seen an extra terrestrial event.

Matthias and John Nicholas like this.
  12. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

I'd rather have us be totally alone in the universe, "intelligent"-life-wise, than have us be susceptible to germs and bad things from uber-furren critters.

Then again, that may be because when I was a kid and saw "The Andromeda Strain" on TV, my brother convinced me that it was the news and not a movie.

I got him back, though. Years later, when I was helping him cope with seeing "scary faces" in shapes at a, umm, vivid Grateful Dead concert, I told him that the one of King Kong Bundy was real. Very real.

13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Stone often has a natural grain and can be easily cleaved into blocks with very flat parallel sides just using hammer and chisel. These blocks need only a tiny amount of final finishing. Expert stonemasons recognise and exploit the natural properties of stone and stoneworking and metalworking have been the jealously guarded high art of humans for millennia. You can see the evidence of the technique in the Machu Picchu quarry a few yards away from where the blocks were used.

1D70F53B-0A32-4341-B344-4DF0219E5257.jpeg

The reason ‘they forgot’ how to do this was simply because their culture was utterly wiped out after the Portuguese and Spanish invasions of S. America. Repairs to the earthquake damaged site for tourists were simple, cheap and quick and followed western patterns.

The nature of igneous stone to form natural interlocked structure with ‘gaps you could not slip a hair between’ even occurs naturally. I’ve climbed lots of big granite mountains and cliffs and the regularity of the cracks and surfaces is almost architectural.

Saying this is made by aliens or a pre-Ice age culture?

7A06B21B-F488-48C1-AA25-E77EBE116870.jpeg

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    John Nicholas likes this.
  14. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

I never mentioned Ireland, thats your photo not mine...
    there is a sofness of line and a hardness of joint apparent in the megalithic stone structures, the "knobs" or protrusions are not easily split across grain. Most of the rocks are a 7 or harder on the mohs scale. Notice how the rock seems to have the appearance of being soft like marshellow when it placed, all planes being rounded except for the faces joining it to its fellow rock. could that be done by splitting along the grain?

upload_2019-5-3_18-30-59.jpeg

this is egyptian, the one on the right is older than the one on the left. The left is clay ceramic, the right is Andesite porphyry it is a 7 on the mohs scale. bronze cannot cut Andesite porphyry, yet it is from a bronze age culture we are told. they found over 40,000 of these Andesite porphyry vessels in egypt. That would imply a sophisticated culture with more than bronze chisels and rock hammers at work.

Rufus likes this.
  15. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

The technique of finished touching faces is called Ashlar and has been used to this day. It’s embedded into Freemason terminology. Often one surface is left natural. Gives the softness of Line and sharpness of joint. They just had an eye for classy architecture.

Granite vessels could also simply be evidence of the vast amount of trade that went on. Contemporary Hittites and Greeks used wrought iron tools. Egyptian boats plied the Mediterranean. Iron was worth more than gold.

These 2000 BC tools don’t really look like alien laser cutters either unless alien laser cutters look like hammers and chisels. I’m not seeing aliens or lost Atlantean, prehistoric cultures in play yet.

CBF8D36E-B722-4991-AD99-6879842148A6.jpeg

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    notmyusualuserid likes this.
  16. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

17. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

YEs, aliens do exist!!

I am one of them. I am 3000 years old and first time we came we had a good laugh... the eartlings thought that we were gods and we thought it was a nice prank just tell them to rise piramids, hahaha, what a great laugh. I still laugh at it when I remember

I am your god and command you to start putting stones one over another and make a... piramid, hahaha
    No, I want it bigger, hahaha Now put a lion with a human head, hahaha

I am still crying in laugh... ah, those were the good old times!!!

18. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

That's a fact

IMO, the only fact

19. brogh

brogh Assistant Admin Staff Member

UFO sightings are down because most people look at their phones all the time :)

20. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Yup. can't photograph/film something strange in the sky if you never look at the sky. Instagramming your lunch is much more important/interesting.

telemnemonics likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.