Just what this forum needs--an(other) "Are UFO's real?" thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoscoeElegante, Apr 24, 2019.

1. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Afflicted

UUHHH! Its like their there ,,,but their not there.:)

2. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Not sure about that last bit. I didn’t read the article but the probes we have sent out—Voyager I and I—will take many, many thousands of years to reach a distance equivalent to the nearest star.

In the next few years we might send probes to the rarest stars, but they aren’t gonna get there anytime soon.

3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

There's this brand new site called "YouTube" where you can see that. Check it out sometime.

4. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

There’s a prototype in production with a probe the size of a microchip attached to a light sail. Accelerated to a good chunk of the speed of light by a laser, it uses its own laser to communicate back. They’d send a flock of these things and we’d be getting info back from the destination after a couple of decades, with the info travelling back at light speed. Not many ways to do it with today’s science I would think, but that’s one.

The bottleneck at the moment is the cost of the laser, apparently.

More info. Looks like at the point of writing this might be be a bit longer than a few years, but the more recent article seemed a bit more ambitious:
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/100-million-plan-will-send-probes-to-the-nearest-star1/

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Bill likes this.
  5. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

6. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

a technology sufficently advanced to travel from star to star, could have masking technology, that makes their vehicles unphotographable. Certainly they could mask any object to appear to be another object, ie a cloud, or an airplane

as shown in this excellent documentary:

7. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

mandrex makes you sleepy, they were probalby dreams....

8. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

9. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

So put me down as

Are there UFOS?

Yes

Are they from another planet?

No

The obvious reasons: Any civilization capable of traveling here would be capable of avoiding detection. Why blunder around being seen? "Hey Xandos, let's make ourselves visible and fly around erratically for a while!" "Sounds like a plan Gnoxthar!"

How come they all seem to fly different spaceships?

How come they always show up in the media saturated in woo--doom-voiced announcers, eerie music, hints of sinister conspiracies involving insert suspect here, etc.

I've never seen one. I've been around nearly 60 years now. There are a LOT of satellites in orbit. There's been a continuously manned space station in orbit for multiple decades. I'm pretty sure we'd have good evidence by now.

Of but it's a conspiracy by "the government" to hide the fact of??? Really? How come the same gummit that's routinely denounced as inept can keep this big secret for forty years?

It all adds up to "yes there are UFOS, No they aren't space aliens."

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  10. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You Sir, never took a Mandrex!

11. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

What's a Mandrex?

Mandrax was a sedative. One of The Who's 'downers', if you're familiar with 5:15 from Quadrophenia.

Flyboy likes this.
  12. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

When I was younger, we bought those beans by the hundreds, best sex I ever had, most fun too!!

13. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

Yeah well, that was then. I was there too. I might have been there before you.

But I refer you to the Important Notice at the bottom of the page.

14. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

I believe there are other forms of intelligent life out there.

I would not be surprised if some of them are vastly more technologically advanced than on this bit ‘o rock.

I would not be surprised if some of them poke around here from time to time.

I would be surprised that they would have to get so close that we could make visual contact for them to make whatever observations they might be making. But I don’t completely rule it out either. I’ve seen some weird stuff.

Cheers,
    Geoff

15. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Vickers 010 Swallow... variable wing geometry, vectored thrust control, Mach 3+

1950’s!

Must have been aliens!

DB1CF7C0-6F00-48E3-82DA-560BF4756310.jpeg

John Nicholas likes this.
  16. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

This story keeps developing. Unfortunately, I can’t see the full thing in the UK but have read summaries:

https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/ex...ms-pentagon-did-release-ufo-videos/1963912703

But, while the Nimitz encounter is well documented and quite interesting, the “Gimbal” video, presumably taken on a gimbal infrared camera, might not be exactly what it appears:

...that’s not to say it is necessarily a misidentified normal jet. But the footage shows nothing of substance except some excited pilots. These clips are short, fuzzy and out of context. Sound familiar? While I think there’s something hugely different about this story, it’s packaged up as your standard ambiguous fuzzy pic and eyewitness testimony fare. It’s either “they” are breaking it to us slowly or people are taking bits out of context to make it look more interesting than it is.

I will be intrigued to watch the To The Stars Academy show. If they show the footage and don’t examine it with this criticism like the video above in mind (they haven’t so far), then I’d take the position that everything else they put out there (even any decent stuff) is as, at least, handled naively. For their launch press conference, Tom Delonge stood in front of a widely explained photo of a UFO... that turned out to be a silver party balloon shaped like a number one :/

17. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Bob at his absolute best.

getbent likes this.
  18. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

Nice Bingo Wings.

19. Flyboy

Flyboy Tele-Meister

The moon is a satellite. It is tidally locked to the earth (see Synchronous Rotation). All to do with celestial mechanics and not with aliens.

John Nicholas and MattyK-USA like this.
  20. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

But, that's what THEY want you to think!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.