1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just turned the heat on...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Treehouse, Sep 22, 2020.

1. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

I'm living in Germany, so we have cold winters (less so in the last couple of years) and hot summers.
    But in general a rather low rate of humidity. Therefore I never had any problems with neck-adjustments due to climate-issues. Just re-tuning once and then.
    The only important thing: never ever leave any instrument in the case for more than the time of transportation.

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

my guitars are under the bed or in a spare bedroom in their cases...i do nothing more in any conditions in the house

3. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I have to run a humidifier in the winter, as the indoor humidity will drop below 10% otherwise. In the summer, the AC keeps the indoors at around 40%. Fortunately, I'm still running the AC.

4. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

My MIK Sheraton does fine down to 20% humidity and more stable than my MIM tele by far. Even the dead of winter in our wood heated house, our upstairs naturally stays between 30% to 45%, but nevertheless, I always keep the highend acoustic in it's case during the winter.

The 20% RH downstairs during August and February is when I am the most careful.

5. Treehouse

Treehouse Tele-Meister

@Obsessed thanks! This is what I wanted to hear. Love my Sherry!

Obsessed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.