Just Started Vaping...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Cat MacKinnon, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Good luck with that, Cat!

I got it, sorta. Is the idea to stop vaping within weeks, or a month or two?

2. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Cat, you've truly done your homework. congrats and hats off.
    keep at it - you're getting there.

the big *Mag Lites* may seem way off at the moment but they do make sense. long battery life, ohm reading, high constant voltage, interchangeability, long lasting glass tanks ... dadada

I carry a slim eGo twist with higher mg Nicotine fills - for the "two drags and be done" ride on the subway, bike, taxi, supermarket ....
    the big ones, with lower nicotine come out when ... sitting at bar, at the computer, at making music ... anything that ya do hours on end - just enjoying the vape. and hey, those used to be real *analog* bugers. :lol:

3. Alamo

*analogs* for jonrpick ( (Don't be a douchey vaping hipster and start referring to the real things as "analogs"... Please...)

at my age, my hips are ok so far ...and I do take showers regulary, thanks.
    I laughed and found it funny when I first read about 'analogs' referring to real cigarettes. it fits the bill also.
    think of widowmaker Alamo amps and new fangled digital moddeling amps!

4. jonrpick

jonrpick Friend of Leo's

LOL

5. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Well, that's always a good thing! :D

6. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

I went to a hypnotist 23 years ago I was smoking 3 packs a day smoked for 26 years ( started when I was13) So for $39 I had my last cigarette.

7. fraser

fraser Tele-Afflicted

good luck cat- you can do it.
    i quit last fall, started riding a bicycle a lot,
    drank a lot of water, kept hard candies in my pocket.
    tried the e cigs and stuff but they didnt help- maybe i got crappy ones.
    i felt great- was pretty pleased with myself.
    lasted 6 weeks, then an ex showed up.
    the next day i went out and bought a pack and chain smoked em.
    shes still here, and im still smoking-
    but at least i know its possible.:lol:

8. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

It depends on the person. Some people do it temporarily, some keep vaping with nicotine and some taper their nicotine down to 0mg and do it just for the flavor.

At this point my main goal is to just break free of cigarettes. Obviously the best bet would be to eventually quit everything, but I'm just taking it one day at a time for now. So far, so good! :D

When I finally started considering it seriously (and my grandfather even started bringing it up as an option), I decided to just read everything that I could. I'm one of those "information sponge" types, so I seem to always do a ton of homework just out of a desire for knowledge (or sheer boredom, depending on what day it is :lol:.) The internet is a great resource (of course), and once you figure out which sites are reliable and not just trying to sell you something, it made it pretty easy for the most part. There are a few really good Youtube channels that I started watching too, which were a big help.

I can see the benefits of the larger mods, especially around the house. I just don't like the baseball-bat-sized stuff. But there are things like the Sigelei Zmax that I kinda like. The mechanical mods aren't my thing though, especially unregulated ones as you pointed out; the last thing I want to have to worry about is the electrical safety of something I'm putting next to my mouth.

(Everyone get a good laugh at that? Good, moving on...:lol:)

I do love the eGo Twist batteries I got though: they slip in a pocket easily and I like being able to turn down the voltage when I want a lighter vape if I'm chain-vaping (still only going through about 3ml a day, which is less than I thought I would.) I think a larger (glass) tank is definitely up next though.

Right now I'm in "flavor testing" mode. The ones I have now are decent, but I know they're not the best. I like the DK-Blend and RY4 well enough, and the vanilla I got is enjoyable, if a bit "artificial". The almond flavor is...terrible. It tastes great for a split second, and then just has a really heavy alcohol flavor. I left the bottle open for 24 hours and most of the alcohol evaporated, so it's usable now. I'm mostly just putting a couple drops of the almond in with a tank of vanilla, and that's pretty acceptable, But I know there's got to be a better almond flavor out there, so I'm kind of on a mission to find it. This weekend I'm going to check in a local shop that mixes their own liquids and see what they have.

As of tonight (Wednesday), I have successfully avoided approximately 100 cigarettes since Monday! I'm feelin' pretty good about that! :D

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

This is an awesome way of calculating success! :D

10. Telepathist

Telepathist Tele-Afflicted

Me too. I use Copenhagen pouches. It's trading one bad habit for another but I get the nicotine fix and breathe a whole lot better now.

11. bun malaey

bun malaey Tele-Afflicted

I haven't tried the pouches.

Is it the spitless stuff?

12. Bongocaster

Bongocaster Friend of Leo's

3ml a day! 3ml a day. I have three 15ml bottles that I have been mixing and matching for 33 days and have over 10ml (by eyeball) left.

So 35/33= 1.0606060606060606060606060606061 So lets call it a ml a day. That's coming from smoking hand rolled non-filters.

So that's why you folks are dragging around hookah looking things with hybrid car batteries attached to them.:eek::lol:

13. Telepathist

Telepathist Tele-Afflicted

Yes. And you can get flavored variety.

I just saw a news story that the FDA is going to start heavily regulating e-cigarettes. It's no doubt a prelude to confiscatory taxation of the product.

14. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Article I read said the FDA is going to require that ingredients are listed and that packaging have warning labels. Listed ingredients sounds good to me, they should give percentages too.

15. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I just got a refill in the mail yesterday. Packaging had contents listed (although not percentages)

Cheers,
    Doug

16. Alamo

Ha, that's what I have. :cool:
    the Sigelei Zmax V5 and a 4.5 ml PuriTank Glassomizer. perfect match.

I also use a Kanger Protank II and a Protank Mini on my eGo battereries. both are glass tanks as well. they're better to clean when changing flavours. good thing about all three of them is, they use the same atomizer coils.
    the next step for me might be a Kayfun clone where you wind your own coils.

I mix my flavours in at least a 10ml bottle, not the tank, because one drop can easily be too much .

17. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

I sit at my home computer all day (a good 12+ hours) so I was quite the chain smoker. Yesterday and today I seemed to use less liquid, so it'll probably keep going down to some extent.

Actually, the EVOD tanks I've been using are supposed to hold 1.5ml and I've been going through about two tanks per day. But I think they actually hold less, probably closer to 1ml, because of their design; it's not possible to fill them all the way up, unless you want liquid all over the place. Speaking of which...

I had my first eliquid accident last night. I was unscrewing a tank, but forgot to hold it by the base...I unscrewed the tank part instead and dumped a bunch of liquid right in my lap. Oh well, I figured that was going to happen sooner or later! :lol:

That gets heavily into government/political commentary, so I won't talk about it here. Plenty of info on CASAA's website though.

Since smokers tend to think in "20 to a pack", it's just easier for me to calculate that way. The more basic the math, the better I am at it. ;)

ProTank II is on my list, maybe this week.

18. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Hey Cat hope it works out for you !

Mostly I just wanted to say to those of you thinking about smokless tobacoo as a way to stop smoking. I did that in about 1981 because at the time I'd have a cigarette or two with the guys when we played together. One day I said something about how I shouldn't smoke because I didn't want to get addicted.
    The drummer tossed me a can of Copenhagan and said "try this you can quit any time you want". Well I've quit many times in the last 30 plus years.
    Quitings easy not starting again is the hard part.

Oh yeah I still hate drummers.:lol:

19. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

I just started vaping with a tank system about a month ago. My goal is flavor without nicotine, and huge clouds.

20. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Just bought one 2 weeks back. I like smoking and don't want to give up the evil habit, but thought this would be slightly more healthy. So far I like it, particularly the different flavours ( favourite is mixed berries). I've never smoked indoors, so still go out to puff away.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1433107656.588815.jpg

Steve

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.