1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just picked up a Danelectro

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Weaselcoon, May 24, 2011.

1. Weaselcoon

Weaselcoon Tele-Meister

One of those Fab Tones. Picked it up used for 20 bucks. Not bad. So far Im liking it!:D

2. RawjerLee

RawjerLee Tele-Meister

Tell us again after a week... those pedals don't seem to last very long.

3. Nafees

Nafees Tele-Meister

Hope your wrong because I bought one a week ago. But I don't plan on playing live

4. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

Now, I've had my FabTones since just about the first week they came out. Still working fine. The whole 'stomp' thing doesn't need to be taken so literally...

5. Weaselcoon

Weaselcoon Tele-Meister

Ive had a Cool Cat since the mid 90s. No problems. This is one of those big metal ones not the plastic ones.

Eh, even if it does......oh well ....it was 20 bucks.:D

6. JeradP

JeradP Former Member

If he bought it used and it's functioning, it's probably good to go unless he swims with it or drives over it.

7. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I have several FAB pedals. I bought them for goofing with. 2 years of casual years.......no trouble

8. Swoop

Swoop Tele-Meister

I have the Fab echo. No it's not fancy, nor built like a tank, but it sounds very cool and, for the tiny sum I paid for it, it wouldn't worry me if it didn't last all that long.

9. Weaselcoon

Weaselcoon Tele-Meister

So are you guys talking about those plastic cased ones? Ive never had any of those. Just those big metal ones.

10. mijome07

mijome07 TDPRI Member

They also sound good with synths, drum machines and vocals. :p

11. spankdplank

spankdplank Tele-Afflicted

I have the red plastic Fab Echo. Simple and sounds good. I've had it over a year and it is still working. I also have the silver plastic Fab Overdrive, but found it to be a muddy mess, so it it sits in a drawer. Still working, should I ever take leave of my senses and plug into it.

12. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

^^^ I don't gig with it (don't know why) but the little red FAB Distortion actually has a very good rich OD>distortion and a lot of range in its controls-powerful little sucker! $15!

13. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

I have three of the Cool Cat pedals and love them, although, for balance, I also tried three of the mini-"food" pedals and didn't like any of them.

14. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

Absolutely LOVE my Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo.

15. Weaselcoon

Weaselcoon Tele-Meister

Im liking it so far. Im more of a mild overdrive guy, but a good nasty distorton is always good to have in the arsenal.

Its replasing my DS1 which is starting to have problems. Its like 15 years old.

I'll buy almost any pedal for 20 bucks, ya know. This one I think is worth it!

16. RawjerLee

RawjerLee Tele-Meister

The cats, and "dan-echo"s are the only ones that I can actually trust. The FAB series are kind of cheap and plastic - doesn't have my trust.

17. looney77

looney77 Tele-Afflicted

I love my danecho and the fish n chips eq. The tuna melt and the fuzz with octave up (can't remember it's name) are both pretty cool too. I actually have been looking for a version one cool cat transparent od. I think Dano is pretty good for the money.

18. TeleGS

TeleGS TDPRI Member

+1 on the Tuna Melt. I bought mine when they first came out. Still works great.

"Cheap is small and not to steep
    But best of all cheap is cheap."

- The Kinks

19. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I have the Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive (Version 1) they sound great! I bought them new for $30.. I couldnt find them in the larger stores, and they were selling like pancakes when they came out.. I didnt like the version 2 very much.. but I was lucky I found the last stock of the version 1 in one small guitar store in the mall...

love the tones on these pedals.. They are housed in a metal casing too.. Unless you consider stompboxes as cockroaches when you step on it... I think they pretty well built.. they kind of heavy too, not as heavy as the Boss Pedals, but they are of substantial weight.. if I can find another version 1 again, I'd buy it.. they're just great pedals for the price...

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.