1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just Picked Up A '73 Traynor YGL-3 - What Should I Get Done?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by JCMNelson, Jul 19, 2009.

1. HEADSMASHER

HEADSMASHER TDPRI Member

working on a ygl3a, revalved and cap jobbed it and a few pre amp mods. strange the english version of this amp (i'm in the uk)it is different from others in that the uk one doesnt have both channels tied to master volume! dan torrres's book inside tube amps has a lot of info/mods for these however its confusing because of the differences between the uk model and others. yep, dans book dont cover the uk model! another seemingly bad difference with the uk model is the fact that instead of having the four el34's all in a nice line at the back of the amp thus allowing a tad of cooling on these uk ones the four valves are all cooped up together inside the amp between the two transformers! not good, gets hot in there! i'd love to hear anybodies ideas and thought on this rare combo which weighs a ton!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. HEADSMASHER

HEADSMASHER TDPRI Member

oh yeah, forgot to say that there are two trim pots inside, one for bias and one for the vibtrem thing! bias one should be near the left hand side of the board near the valves!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.