Just landed my first amp endorsementKJL amps

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DblStop, Feb 1, 2015.

1. DblStop

DblStop Tele-Holic

Just landed my very first endorsement ever which happens to be an amp endorsment and I am really excited about it.The company is KJL amps they are based out of New Orleans Louisiana and they are great folks they have been in business for about 15 years now and have been under the radar.They had an amp show here in Nashville a while back that I got a personal invite to and a lot of Nashvilles top players were there.Got to play a bunch of the amps and just fell in Love with them, some of the best tone I have heard in a long time and i'm a tone fanatic lol!!!

He contacted me the other day and asked me if I wanted to come on board with the KJL family I said yes I would Love that!!! The owners name is Kenny Lannes he is a great guy to deal with and he is very passionate about his work all the amps are handbuilt they are gorgeous and you can get them in different colors also.I'll be playing the Broadway 40 combo it's 1x12 with switchable wattage 40/62 watts the preamp section consits of 3 12ax7's and 1 12 at7 the power amp section you have a choice of tubes 2 6550's or 2 KT 88's I think i'll be going with the KT 88's.He is using Eminance Legend series speakers which sound INCREDIBLE.

It will be another month or 2 before I get the amp the guys that are already on board and already using the amps are Tele Slinger Rod Riley who has played with greats such as Vern Gosdin,Jerry Reed,Ricky Van Shelton and Joe Nichols.Wiz Kid and Tele Picker Chuck Ward one of my best buds who plays with Georgette Jones,and up and coming duo Kari and Billy and also singer songwriter Matt Mason.Tele Man Craig Smith just joined KLJ amps recently he plays guitar for singer songwriter Jim Lauderdale and the newest edition as of a few days ago my pal Jim Ed Hodges that plays fiddle and guitar for country singer Craig Morgan.

Man i'm surrounded by greatness all these awesome players on the list and I feel super blessed, this is my very first endorsement ever and i'm still pinching myself just to make sure i'm not dreaming.All the hard work i've done over the the years has finally paid off,please go check out the KJL amp site and tell them I sent you they are wonderful folks,i'll give a report back after I get the amp.Y'all have a great upcoming week,Your Friend Mark Moree aka Dblstop

2. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Congratulations on your first endorsement !

3. dtermined2play

dtermined2play Tele-Afflicted

Congrats. Can't wait to hear your report on the amp.

4. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

So I guess this thread is an advertisement.

Congrats.

5. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Never heard of KJL , but nevertheless; congratulations.

KT88 or 6550??? That's a bit perplexing..

I thought we were in an era of low to medium power tube amps; that can start singing without upsetting the engineer, the crowd or the band. (but well, maybe they have a different take or somehting...)

6. lioncommandking

lioncommandking Tele-Meister

It's New Orleans Homesick! Seems we do festivals for every and anything year round. Jazzfest, French Quarters, Mardi Gras, Alligator......yep, any reason is a good one for a fest! May you be evermore blessed in your endeavors DblStop!Goodluck!!!

7. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

Congratulations and I'm also looking forward to hearing these amps.

8. Crazy neddie

Crazy neddie Tele-Meister

Congratulations!

9. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks good friend. After a second look, these amps run class a medium wattage using big tubes. Honestly I love that .So yeah, good luck OP

10. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats.

11. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted

Can't wait to see and hear avideo of you playing it, congratulations.

12. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Congrats and good deal.

13. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Awesome man! Congrats on the endorsement.

14. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nice, congrats...

15. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

TDPRI member and Nashville resident GaryOsborne is a prolific amp buyer. He could also use an endorsement deal. Think you could talk to someone?

16. hardhead

hardhead TDPRI Member

Yeah,prolific ...that's the word...yeah..

17. DblStop

DblStop Tele-Holic

Hey guys thanks thanks so much, Gary just happens to be a buddy of mine he's a great dude and a good player!!! I've been playing thru a 69 Silverface Twin that has been blackfaced it's a Killer amp I think the KJL is very Fender like in my opinion,and yes I do like the extra clean headroom i'm old school.If I need dirt I have dirt pedals on my board to make the amp dirty.Thanks again guys for your kind words :)

18. Johnny Cache

Johnny Cache Former Member

Congrats!

I've known some talented guys who lived under bridges around Nashville and LA who never got a shot at something like that.

19. DblStop

DblStop Tele-Holic

Johnny thanks my friend i've been doing this since I was 5 years old it's been a loooooong road but it was all worth waiting for :)

20. jwp2

jwp2 Tele-Holic

Congratulations my friend! Sounds like the beginning of a long and rewarding partnership.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.