1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just got the Tone Print Editor from TC Electronics

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by billmag, Apr 3, 2013.

1. billmag

billmag TDPRI Member

Check your email if you signed up for this - Tone Print Editor. I downloaded it but have not gotten the chance to play with it yet. There's a FAQ/Knowledgebase link attached to it regarding the editor as well.

2. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Exciting! I've been looking forward to this coming out. I just have a HOF. I know what I'll be doing after baby bedtime.

3. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Great! I was just looking for this Monday and it wasn't out yet. Thanks for the heads up.

4. LongLiveRock54

LongLiveRock54 Tele-Holic

OK, I downloaded it and all I got was what looks like a screenshot of the editor. This is the same for both my MAC and PC. What gives?

Attached Files:

5. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Afflicted

EP-3 Delay

My favorite toneprint is the PGS toneprint of the EP-3 delay. My only complaint is that the repeats distort too easily. Wonder if I could modify that tone print to make it less sensitive to distorting?

6. LongLiveRock54

LongLiveRock54 Tele-Holic

Ok, found out I needed a pedal Firmware update before the pedal would get recognized.

7. bluebirdrad

bluebirdrad Tele-Meister

You can't modify that toneprint specifically. You have to create one from scratch. You will be able to create a toneprint that has the same characteristics but with less "saturation " , you'll just have to figure it out yourself. I've been using the beta and once you get the hang of it, it works really well.

8. gwjensen

me too.

9. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Me three. It says to plug in my pedal, but I can't get the PC to recognize it, nor can I update the firmware. Hmmm . . .

10. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Can't help you guys with the not being able to update the firmware, that's the 1st I've heard of that.

But the editor, while working on most machines, doesn't seem to work on all of them.

And, it still has it's shortcomings:
    -you still can't save your toneprints to the computer
    -you still can't load/edit and existing toneprint

...and it still has bugs. I'm hoping TC offers the full package sometime in the future. Because as it is, while it's nice to have and I did use it to create 7 of my own TPs for my FBX4, w/o the ability to edit or save toneprints I think it's limited enough to NOT be a selling point for TC.

11. PineBomb

PineBomb Tele-Holic

Yeah, as soon as I learned that you couldn't save TP edits, I walked away. Until TC finishes the job, I'm not wasting my time on this novelty.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

12. Lizard

Lizard Tele-Meister

Agreed, Pinebomb. If I can't save what I create it's totally useless.

13. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

I've got the HOF and not getting all the tone print love.. The release of a non functional toneprint editor is lame at least..

14. ruger9

To be CLEAR... you CAN save toneprints TO THE PEDAL, which is the primary mission OF COURSE. I have SEVEN of MY toneprints saved to my X4.

Hardly useless.

15. gwjensen

Looks like TC screwed up. They shouldn't have announced anything until it was 100% good to go. Kinda sours me on 'em.

16. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Releasing something before its ready?

Nah - they would never do that. This isn't the company that released the Nova Delay with a faulty buffer... then released a more expensive version, called the iB Modified, rather than fixing the problem. Nah, they would never do that. :lol:

17. Setyaback

Setyaback Tele-Holic

If you have a FBx4 where you can save multiple toneprints, the editor is a cool feature. But I've got the single FB, can only save one. I'm not even going to dowbload the app and start tinkering until they figure out a way to save the tp's on your hard drive. It'd just be more frustration than anything else at this point.

18. bluebirdrad

bluebirdrad Tele-Meister

You can design a toneprint with two or three different delay types by assigning the parameters to work differently on each side of the control knob. It's fun to try and figure it out -- indulge your inner geek. . I have mine setup like this: both knobs 3:00 modulated analog; both knobs at 9:00 tape echo with slight warble; delay 9:00, feedback 3:00 analog no modulation. I like my settings better than the default for these, but I really like the dynamic and the lofi models on the FB so I now have many useable options on that little pedal. If you think this is useless then you probably haven't tried to use it. I have been using the beta and I would also like to see those features added and have given TC E my feedback. I think they will come in the future. I actually have a X4 but I'm going to sell it now because the little FB will do everything I need.

19. LaBamba

LaBamba TDPRI Member

i don't understand you guys, a year ago TC was the coolest thing, now they're trying to give you back control of the pedals you bought from them and all you do is complain.

20. ruger9

Bingo.

I'll admit it's not perfect, but STILL... it's the power to design your own toneprint, or seven of them if you have the X4.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.