Just got hit in a crosswalk

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 17, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

1. Injam

Injam Tele-Meister

I hope everything will be okay

Cantbreak100guy likes this.
  2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Well yeah, but there the car was in the lane where there was no pedestrian, then the pedestrian walked into the car.

I see a distinction between a pedestrian already occupying a lane, then a car drives into the pedestrian.
    Vs a pedestrian walking into a moving car, which is quite different.
    Legally hard to fight if it happens in a crosswalk that’s randomly placed far from any traffic lights.

3. telemnemonics

Yeah plus she had a one track mind!

Bluego1 likes this.
  4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

BT, I think you should turn it into one of the old Penthouse letters.... while you ice your knee...

I was walking home on a steamy day, backpack full of good things to eat....

you know work in how you used the whipped cream, can of cheese... I think you can take some license with what you actually had in your backpack... I mean, work in the 24 minitacos if you want, but... go easy on the sauerkraut.

Heal up man!

drf64 likes this.
  5. telemnemonics

I’ve had numerous altercations with cabbies in NYC and even a few with just regular drivers.
    I’ve smacked and punched cars that basically ran me down assuming I would jump out of their way, but I’d often be crossing at a don’t walk signal with enough space to zip through until they hit the gas in protest of my stealing their right to go at the green.
    The sense of urgency there is intense and standing still just feels wrong.

One car full of young hoodlums sped up and really almost hit me in SOHO, just for their own amusement. I had a full cup of black coffee from Dean & Deluca in my hand so as I jumped to safety I threw the contents over my shoulder.
    Went right in the open window and hit two teen boys in the face and chest!
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!

They chased me down and broke my nose.
    Then they were taken away in handcuffs.
    Poor kids it was their early 20s uncle driving and they didn’t deserve the punishment for his misdeed, and he got no charges because they looked worse for punching, where there was no evidence of the attempt to run me down.
    I was pretty athletic then and the car came within a few inches of hitting me as I jumped.
    Also notable was the fact that they had a legit complaint about me throwing hot coffee on them, and stayed to demand the police arrest ME. Driver Uncle did not wait for the cops.

Cabbies are always screaming and fighting, including times when they hit a cyclist and then scream at him lying on the pavement.
    I’ve been hit on my bike by a motorist in Brooklyn, who looked me in The eye then drove into me.

I’ve also hit cabbies at least three times, one of the times on purpose when he tried to push me out of my lane and after moving a little I just steered back and hit him.
    Nobody stops in those situations IME.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 8:01 PM
  6. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

So... you were riding your bicycle in a pedestrian crosswalk. Is that legal in Dallas?

7. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Get better! ouch

8. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

I love New York!

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I am glad you're okay BT, and I have walked on the shoulder of roadways. In fact I lived in a little town that the sidewalks were on the OTHER side of town. On our side of the railroad tracks there was street, and shoulder, no curbs, gutters, nothing but dirt.

10. Peegoo

Peegoo Friend of Leo's

Glad you're relatively ok.

Years ago I was in NYC awaiting a WALK signal, and a truck turned a little too tight making a right turn. The truck's mirror brushed an older gentleman and knocked him to the ground. It wasn't a hard hit and he went down slow. We rushed to his aid, and I rolled up my jacket and placed it beneath his head, like a pillow. I asked him if he was comfortable. "Eh," he replied, "I make a living."

tery and boris bubbanov like this.
  11. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

Yeah, the payout's not worth it - got run down by an 89 year old in an SUV (the sun was in his eyes, couldn't see where he was going, so he turned left and gunned it through the crosswalk) a couple years back, landed wrong and wrecked my shoulder. Would return the small settlement in a heartbeat to get it back.

Mjea80 likes this.
  12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

And you'd return a big settlement as well.

Fresh out of law school, I thought I could make people's lives whole again.

Very seldom, can this be accomplished. But I'm glad I didn't know the odds. As some good was done.

tery, Mjark and kookaburra like this.
  13. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Oh! Glad you’re ok. It’s sometimes hard to be certain a driver has seen you.

I missed your knee. Maybe check with the city to see if there’s a camera there.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 6:51 AM
  14. Mjea80

Mjea80 TDPRI Member

Call Jackie!

“Your face.. is my case!”

50CA4D64-9D4C-4EA4-A836-13AAA66CD109.jpeg

15. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Those who have traveled in my part of the country will appreciate this. We have MANY personal injury attorney billboards here but this guy has the rest beat:
    accident-alexander-shunnarah-injury-lavw-sociates-25-e-wlight-st-36485958.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.