1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just got Broadcaster Back Review Mine Yours May Differ

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleplayer99, Aug 26, 2020.

1. teleplayer99

teleplayer99 Tele-Meister

Broadcaster now has blend circuit. Brother that did the work said neck pup a little quiet but he could take out resistor in 15 minutes and it would be louder.

I have to play it for awhile to decide. Brother installed .0033uF capacitor from a post from EspyHop. Thanks man!

Its really bright in rear pup until desired blend is dialed in. Bright in 2nd position. But telecasters are supposed to be bright. Neck is a little quiet, but essentially functions as tone IMHO.

Rear position with blend is where its at to me. Is it superior to original telecaster wiring.
    Depends on your preference. I love it. Love the neck, weighs 7.1lbs., and has nice ash figuring under thin finish.

I must admit that I am very interested in Fender history. Brother said one of the wires was barely making contact since it had a cut in it. He said he hates clothe wiring. Not really acceptable for $2000 guitar.

He had me buy his favorite 3 way switch to make soldering easier. And he said whoever tightened the control plate was like an ape. Said he had hard time getting it loose.

I had bought Gotoh locking tuners and Gotoh compensated saddles. Sending everything back. Find them not needed.

No setup is needed either to me. Stays in tune and compensation is right on. Bought mine used for $1495 out the door, since it has some dings, a tiny place where finish has chip, and a few scratches.

But this is to be played. Not a closet queen. YMMV.

Anthony

drmordo, Esquire Bob and Crobbins like this.
  2. Fender-guy

Fender-guy Tele-Holic

I do like the broadcaster wiring and you can have a 4th position if you carefully position the switch between mid and bridge position.

I think it adds in the bridge pickup with the neck and no blend control

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'll take cloth insulation on wiring over vinyl, all week long.

4. teleplayer99

Very cool guitar. When I get some rest I will try that 4th position. Thanks Fender-guy! Boris I will take the clothe too.

5. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Try raising the neck pickup for a little more volume.

boris bubbanov and Rodf56 like this.
  6. gtrwrks

gtrwrks Tele-Afflicted

I really like Zac Childs' wiring of only having the bridge pickup connected to the Tone circuit. I only have it set up this way in one of my Teles (Cavalier pickups in this one) and really like the fairly 'acoustic'-like tone the neck pickup has, but the Tone circuit engages once in the 'both' switch position adding a lot of variety and balance.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  7. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Friend of Leo's

I really like the blend wiring. Very useful. I don't use the resistor. I also use a .022 cap instead of the.05 called for on the fixed position.

8. teleplayer99

Very good ideas. Thanks everyone

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.