1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just for fun pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleBrew, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

My new fun pedal just arrived today — the Mooer Lofi Machine

BorderRadio likes this.
  2. nickmew

nickmew TDPRI Member

That looks like a whole lot a fun. I've got a Hologram Electronics Microcosm
    https://www.hologramelectronics.com/microcosm
    which is kinda similar but with a load more weirdness and options but unfortunately with added stupid cost and scarcity value.

Still worth it though..

24 track likes this.
  3. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Oh, a TC Electronics Sub N Up is a blast to play. And pretty much anything with Toneprint. I still get a kick out of selecting an effect through my cell phone and guitar pickups. Too cool, but functional.

4. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Fun. Fun? My fun pedals are my ElectroHarmonix B9 and C9. I can sit and piddle away hours just getting different organ sounds out of them.

B9.png c9.png

5. brupop

brupop TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Watched the goofy vid that Rob tried to keep on track. Went to Reverb to see if I could pick one up for grins. They are selling (yes, I checked the sold listings) for $400. Uh, I don't think it'd be that much fun.

JuneauMike likes this.
  6. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah well, for that kind of money I think the joke's on the buyer.

7. Telewielder

Telewielder Tele-Meister

Digitech Dirty Robot for sure. Boss MO-2 as well.

8. dkwallis

dkwallis TDPRI Member

Hold my (n/a) beer:

Old Plank likes this.
  9. MonkeyGym

MonkeyGym NEW MEMBER!

The MXR Submachine, and the Subdecay Harmonic Antagonizer.
    Almost useless, always fun

10. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

All of them really.

But the ones I play not for fun... don't get me started

TeleBrew and northernguitar like this.
  11. Big Twang Theory

Big Twang Theory TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Russian big muff. When I gig it's Roots/americana. But at home it's so much fun to crank up an amp with that thick sludgey sustain.

12. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Holic

I picked up an old Boss TW-1 T-Wah for $30 at a parking lot sale for a local Music store. Wasn't sure what it did or if it even worked until I got it home. It's an auto-wah or envelope filter type effect. Sounds great for funk with fast strumming using damping and muted chords mixed in with regular chords. I've put a lot of mileage on it and it still works perfectly.
    BossTW-1.jpg

northernguitar likes this.
  13. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 Tele-Meister

Just for fun I used to have one of these to pedal...
    Huffy Cheater Slick1.jpg

Esquire Jones and TeleBrew like this.
  14. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Holic

Those old Soviet Big Muff Pis are awesome. A few years ago I sold mine because it was so big and didn't fit on my pedal board. I regretted it almost immediately and ever since. Can you include a pic of your's?

northernguitar likes this.
  15. GearGeek01

GearGeek01 Tele-Meister

This is a really fun pedal... I bought it used on a whim and have had a lot of fun with it...
    EHX Lester G - 01.jpg

I got this Behringer pedal a few months ago when they were $23.00 at Sweetwater... figured I couldn't go wrong... now I love it... best $23 I ever spent... They went up to $33 for a while, now Sweetwater has them at $29... I highly recommend this pedal and I am a Phaser snob... Its a clone of an older design EHX Small Stone
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VP1phase--behringer-vp1-vintage-phaser-pedal
    Behringer_VP1_VP1_Vintage_Phaser_Pedal_373655.jpg
    small-stone-classic-chassis.jpg

As far as one in the "I'd like to try" column... this pedal by EHX...
    EHX_AttackDecay_01.jpg

I used to have a TC Electronic Ditto X2 Looper... it kept running out of loop time (something like 40 seconds max... UGH)... I also had a Digitech JamMan SoloXT which I like a lot and could store entire studio recorded backing tracks on the mini SD card... I can't tell you how many of the dinky little mini SD cards I lost...

I did a ton of research on Loopers and came up with the EHX 22500 Looper. I also got the foot switch controller with it. Its a little strange to get to know and use, but EHX's customer service walked me through step-by-step and now it is my #1 looper and I sold all the rest.
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/22500Looper--electro-harmonix-22500-dual-stereo-looper-pedal
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/22500FC--electro-harmonix-22500-looper-foot-controller
    22500 Looper - 05.jpg

The max size SD card for this pedal is 32GB (and is the normal sized card my big fumbling fingers can keep track of, not the mini SD the Digitech JamMan SoloXT uses and I have lost more than once)... with the 32GB card, this looper has 48 HOURS of looping (instead of the stupidly lame 40 seconds almost all of the TC Dittos have)... HOURS, lol... I don't think I'll ever make a 48 hour loop but you never know...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  16. warchol

warchol TDPRI Member

Danelectro Rocky Road spinning speaker simulator.
    It has this really cool distortion that almost sounds like a tube lesley cranked up.

TeleBrew likes this.
  17. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Strymon Volante. Does not need all that fancy heads/playback features. But it so fun play with it sometimes. And, with Strymon you still have a great sounding delay anyway, even if using it just as straight delay.

18. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

The shimmer setting on my RV-6.

My son’s reaction to it summed it up perfectly. Came over with great interest to find out what was making that glorious ethereal angelic sound. Then about ten seconds later left and went about his business.

19. Alasdair George

Alasdair George TDPRI Member

Just checked on Reverb and am amazed to see people are looking for up to £500/$700 for the Miku pedal. Whether they get anything close to that price is a different matter.

JuneauMike likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.