1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just for fun pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleBrew, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Jeremy_Green

Jeremy_Green Tele-Meister

I bought a mooger fooger really for fun. AND because is just love weird sounds and tweakability. Loopers are also fun as hell.

2. standup

standup TDPRI Member

Earthquaker aqueduct is goofy fun, and people ask more about that sound than most others.

3. Thorne

Thorne TDPRI Member

The Catalinbread Bicycle delay is the wackiest pedal I own. It’s fun to mess around with, but I’ve not been able to do anything remotely musical with it.

Strymon Big Sky is one I could play around with all day and not get bored.

4. Itgoesto11

Itgoesto11 Tele-Meister

I agree with the CryBaby Mini. Fun pedal. I just picked up the BOG Fuzz thinking I’d rarely use it. I’ve since learned that its killer germanium fuzz that can clean up nicely with the guitars volume knob and give you glassy, edge of breakup cleans. Now I’m picking up my Strat more and playing lots of Hendrix.

10190C4A-DEA5-4929-B34F-74E6D222AE80.jpeg

Attached Files:

24 track and _dave_ like this.
  5. dave_t

dave_t TDPRI Member

I have the Digitech Freqout feedback simulator. Very limited usefulness in real life, but fun to play with. I had the EHX Superego sustain pedal for a while, played the Gm opening of "Shine On" a few times, but then sold it - I'll NEVER use it live, and I can get the same effect using effects in my computer (gasp!) if I want to noodle around like that at home. $0.02

Stiles likes this.
  6. tanplastic

tanplastic Tele-Holic

I run my Miku through other pedals like fuzz and stuttering tremolo with a compressor in front. Flange and delay are crazy fun too.
    It's like taking a Snickers Bar and deep frying it.

7. dajmacd

dajmacd TDPRI Member

I was today years old when I learned this was a thing and I'm now COMPLETELY obsessed.

scook likes this.
  8. jdkr

jdkr TDPRI Member

qtron.jpg slow engine.jpg EH micro Q-tron. I never know what that thing is going to do when I step on it. Also a Mooer Slow Engine.

warchol and northernguitar like this.
  9. npilger

npilger TDPRI Member

ModTone Funk Filter is the first that comes to mind for me. Never fails to put a smile on my face.

10. blue17

blue17 Tele-Meister

I'm kind of new to the pedal thing (recovering "who needs anything other than a tweed with 'verb?" guy) so I've mainly just been filling out the useful essentials.

That said, i've been heavily eyeing a Q-tron.

11. bluesintheblood

bluesintheblood TDPRI Member

I have 2 vintage Roland pedals a big ole Phase 5 and the 'smaller' brick Phase II...both have GLORIOUS 70's organic swirl, the Phase 5 with the added 'touch control' sensitivity switch so that the harder you dig in, the fasster the swirl, a BIT like a leslie, but not, there's more organics going on. But pairs very well with my DIY leslie speaker cab I built this fall, which is sort of like a HUGE pedal in itself:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  12. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

I've been using an Ebow onstage for decades. It can be a little finicky, but like anything, it just takes time to figure out. Oh well, no matter now I guess.

13. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Just when you think you've seen it all ... how 'bout these undoubtedly fun OD pedals in which you can greatly vary the OD type/ dirt level by pouring different liquids into an inserted cup! Hot sauce, beer, water, cooking oil, shampoo, apple sauce, whatever ... the Rainger "Mini Bar Liquid Analyser". Works apparently relative to the number of ions in each liquid.

JuneauMike likes this.
  14. itsGiusto

itsGiusto Tele-Holic

Ah, you beat me to it!

Though I don't actually own one, just think it's the craziest gimmickiest pedal that exists.

15. Captdan61

Captdan61 TDPRI Member

Sheer bang for buck. And a handy utility pedal i have on my small board is the xtomp mini. It has a ap is bluetooth and has many more than passable effects. A lot of amp modelling I don't use. the and Speaker Cabinet modeling I don't use and overdrive effects I don't use. As well as bring modulators compressors and practically anything else you can imagine if you get the larger version you can come by neffex which is really very nice but if all you need is a decent sounding tape echo or analog delay there's a program that's in there and it's a very passable delay before I got my Volante I used it quite a bit for that. You want to phase 90 for a song there's one. Or a flanger ?stereo chorus? strange effects you've never thought of octave divider ring modulator. It's all there and more.

16. SparkleFart

SparkleFart Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Boss Slicer (SL-20)

It's fun from time to time.
    And after about 40 minutes, I always sort of wonder how many sets of new strings it would've equated to. o_O

slice.jpg

17. violentlydave

violentlydave TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

Especially combined w/ an octave pedal.. such fun.

Mojohand40 and E5RSY like this.
  18. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

I actually think the Synth Wah is a really useful pedal. I am always on the lookout for a good deal on a used one.

I'd also like to have its successor, the Dirty Robot. But, it's discontinued and the used prices are a little high for me

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  19. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I bought a Univibe just for the fun of it. It has delivered in that regard:

vibe.jpg

And I've got a tremolo pedal that is winging its way here from Moscow. Not sure when it will arrive. It's more tremolo pedal than I really need (Five knobs? Really?) but part of the appeal was the art work on it. Can't wait:

gpuyevj6nxm3u2ngtlip.jpg

20. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

This may be the coolest thing I've ever seen. LOL. I gotta have one.

TeleBrew and Old Plank like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.