1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just for fun pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleBrew, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

I've got one of these, bought new in the '90s. I'm not sure a more versatile flanger has ever been built.

TeleBrew and darkwaters like this.
  2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

listen to dave gilmour use one live

Axegrinder77, Thorne and wannabeatle like this.
  3. darkwaters

darkwaters Friend of Leo's

It lulls you into a false sense of security because of its goofiness, then it sucker punches you with its flangy goodness. boxer.gif

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  4. Charlodius

Charlodius Tele-Holic

Every time I plug into an octave pedal, I feel like Bootsy Collins. Thats a fun feeling.

5. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Afflicted

Haha, I understand that reference. Dune is such a great book

TeleBrew likes this.
  6. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

Got this years ago ... use it at Rock-a-Billy, Traditional Blues and Swamp Rock gigs. Sounds like an echo-y brick shotgun bar. (So, y'know, don't use it in an echo-y brick shotgun bar.)

7. AndreasG

AndreasG TDPRI Member

Strymon Lex, fun to,play, sounds nice but I have no idea how to use it in my band :)

TeleBrew likes this.
  8. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I don't play much fuzz, but for $65 this seemed like its worth the curiosity. I'm getting to the point where I actually appreciate less options rather than more, so one knob fuzz might be refreshing.

hag.jpg

mk_716 and TeleBrew like this.
  9. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

My bro-in-law “gave” me a Roland Funny Cat. I would drag it out now and then and just entertain myself for hours. Eventually, I discovered that the Soft Distortion Sustainer, used just so, could give me a sound I couldn’t get any other way. I’m not sure I’m ever “giving” it back.

TeleBrew likes this.
  10. mojek

mojek Tele-Meister

Zvex Instant Lo-fi Junky. Doesn’t matter if used with guitar or bass or keys, it brings you to another dimension, very inspiring and you can play it for hours:rolleyes: some say it´s noisy, well it is, like everything organic:)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    TeleBrew likes this.
  11. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Don't know if it counts, because it's not a pedal, but I owned an E-Bow for quite some years.
    I loved the sounds, but I could never control it to replicate the sounds live.
    Lately it dropped onto a concrete floor, so that was that. Now I don't have to worry about a device that's never being used live.

12. James Knox

James Knox Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Been having lots o fun with a new Cry Baby Mini in Jimi Hendrix mode The past few days.

246B1FB4-E925-4BD4-ABD6-A1B7787E7B12.jpeg

AE0D3A93-4544-46D1-A3E7-50DA18016105.jpeg

Old Plank likes this.
  13. Alasdair George

Alasdair George TDPRI Member

14. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

I haven't seen him in a while, but a real pro of a bass player I used to be in a band with ( early '90's) is a wizard with an E-bow.

He plays a few custom fretless electric basses ( upright too, in a jazz trio) and really developed his own technique between employing harmonics ( all over!), the fretless, and the E-bow. A real melody improviser

He doesn't use it all the time- but I've heard him sustain notes endlessly, at really quiet volume.

whole tone likes this.
  15. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A Boss PH-? phase shifter way back around 1980 or so. I had no idea what it was or how to use it. It was just fun.

16. stueycaster

stueycaster TDPRI Member

I was looking for an echo effect. What I ended up with was an Electro Harmonix Canyon pedal. It has a bunch of different delay types plus a looper. I haven't got past the echo yet. I plan to learn to use the looper. But when I listen to demos of the other effects that it has they take them to extremes that I would never use on a stage. But it seems like some of them could sound OK if they're not over done. I think eventually I'll work on that. But for now I'm still hooked on a fat echo in my screaming leads. I love that sound.

17. Muadzin

Muadzin Tele-Meister

Too bulky and impractical for live use? That didn't stop anyone from using wah pedals either. So you make room for it, kick off something useless, like a fuzz pedal. Or do something really sensible, like get a decent sized pedal board?

18. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I bought a Roland Fuzz Wah over 40 years ago just to goof around with. Lot's of various forms of fuzz included.

(And BTW, I just pulled this image off Reverb since I don't have a photo of mine, and it's for sale for $500 :eek: )

mjmniig1ysyihnnnihw9.jpg

19. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I play clean,
    but I thought it would be fun to get like a big muff to play around and goof with,

although I wouldn't pursue it by any sonic means or in playing out and such

20. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

All of them! However, I already have plenty of dirt in my Orange amp, OD, treble booster and fuzz pedals. That makes my Amptweaker Tight Metal Jr. pedal largely superfluous. It's just too much fun to have a tasty distortion pedal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.