Just Finished.....

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Ghostdriver, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:55 AM.

1. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver TDPRI Member

Ok, so during lockdown I have been doing a little building !

I completed an Esquire build as always wanted one, I covered this in a previous thread and ended up with a fantastic guitar, even if I dont say so myself, the action and sound after setting up is as good if not better than any shop bought Fender I have owned, and i have owned a few ! Quick spec, cheap ****e body, refinished in Vintage White, hand cut single ply scratchplate as no online ones fitted body profile, cut with coping saw and edge sanded to smooth, wired exactly as fifties Esquire, with Orange Drop cap, so switches as position 3, straight to jack, pos 2, volume pot only to jack, pos 1, volume and tone pot to jack. Pickup is Tonerider Hot Classic....man this guitar rocks and is so versatile for a one pick up guitar.

2020-06-30 11.10.41.jpg

So, after the success of this build I completed an SG build and then another Telecaster. Both of these I sold for good profit via Facebook and my confidence was high, so I thought I would build another Telecaster but with a really decent body and neck, the Esquire body must have been that light Chinese Paulownia and I wanted a substantial weight to the guitar.

Now scouring Ebay as you do, I found this seller in Poland producing carved bodies, I always fancied one of these and it was solid Alder, so I took the plunge and bought it.
    When it arrived all was good, neck pocket and routing was all very nice, guitar body was expertly carved and finished in a nice stain and sealant, so no painting for me to do !
    I sourced a neck, now, dont beat me up here, I have owned several Squier Tele's and I really like the neck feel and frets, so i opted to source a second hand one, found a 2019 one a guy had removed as he was only using the body for his project so all worked out good.

It fitted perfectly, no shimming required, it was snug, not too tight and on we went. I de-logoed the headstock, added my own decal, and clear coated and when solid, sanded back to satin finish.
    My late Father had engraved me a scratchplate many years ago for one of my cheaper Telecasters and I felt it should really be adorning a much nicer guitar, it fitted well and after wiring up with Sprague Orange Drop cap to the tone, I added an alnico V neck pickup and a Warman T-Rail blazer rail style Humbucker, I have used these before and they really pack some punch, and when overdriven, man they sound big, I recommend anyone to try Warman pickups, really good value, I have also just built a Stratocaster with a set of Warman Texas Triple Hots, again, no complaints, matched set sounding fabulous.

Anyways, after getting everything dialled in, I have a unique looking Telecaster, that plays as good as it looks and sounds mighty good to. Happy days.

2020-06-30 11.07.04.jpg 2020-06-30 11.05.36.jpg

2020-06-30 11.05.59.jpg

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Bravo!

Ghostdriver likes this.
  3. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Interesting guitar - well done.

Ghostdriver likes this.
  4. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Congratulations! What great work!

Ghostdriver likes this.
  5. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Quite unique, well done.

Ghostdriver likes this.
  6. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Tele-Meister

Congrats on a great build. I really like her.

Ghostdriver likes this.
  7. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

Very nice. I'm impressed.

Ghostdriver likes this.
  8. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Uh, WOW!

That is NICE :)

Ghostdriver likes this.
  9. Macrogats

Macrogats Friend of Leo's

Whoa dude. That is one killer looking guitar. I love the Esquire too! Well done on both.

Ghostdriver likes this.
  10. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver TDPRI Member

thanks for the positive comments guys, i really enjoyed the process and think I will build more just for the hell of it !

11. stratisfied

stratisfied Tele-Meister

Nice! Love the carved body.

12. Spoonman

Spoonman TDPRI Member

It’s unique, full of character and tasteful (to my taste anyway!). Bravo!

Did the body come dyed that colour? If you did it what did you use?

13. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

Now that is a "Sunday Go-to-Meetin'" guitar! Love it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.