Just can't do the "Deep C"

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleNtweed, Nov 14, 2019.

1. teleNtweed

teleNtweed Tele-Holic

I was so excited when I saw the American Professional Telecaster was going to be released in Butterscotch, I just knew I would own one! Everything is there, compensated 3 brass saddle bridge, color and so on. Just slap my Bardens in and done! I have played 3 and I hate that neck. I have NEVER played a Tele that I could not get along with until the "Deep C" came along. U shape, love it. C shape, adore it! Why then would a neck shape that splits the difference be so objectionable is beyond me. I know loads of you guys are loving your Pros and I am super happy for you! I want to be with you but played another one last night and alas... :(

2. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

I haven't tried one yet. On paper, seems like it would be great. What made it unworkable for you? Too wide, too deep, too sticky....? (That didn't sound right, but you know I live next to a church....)

nojazzhere and teleNtweed like this.
  3. LPTyler

LPTyler Tele-Meister

The American pro neck is my favorite of all my guitars, about the only one I don’t like is the U shape. I guess that’s why they make so many different ones. You could try the mod shop, they have lots of neck shapes there.

teleNtweed likes this.
  4. teleNtweed

teleNtweed Tele-Holic

Not sticky so you wont have to move! :) It just feels awkward. If it was the only guitar I played for a year I am sure I could adapt but it just won't work for me. The rest of the guitar is really sweet! I think there are better sounding pickups but hard to tell when you are in a store. Anyway, lots of other options!

5. navier

navier TDPRI Member

Me neither. On paper the Pro series had almost all I wanted on a Tele. Having one for two weeks I couldn't get used to the neck...

The Road Worn, Elite and American Original telecasters were no problem... I can't explain... maybe is the way I use my thumb or how I grab the neck????

teleNtweed likes this.
  6. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

I can’t make up my mind! Certainly on my American Pro Tele the neck feels great, all I’ve played since I got it, ‘til last night when I broke out my 2004 American Series Strat.......................neck felt great, but different. Don’t know which I’d vote for now.

teleNtweed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.