Just can't do the "Deep C"

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleNtweed, Nov 14, 2019.

1. teleNtweed

teleNtweed Tele-Holic

I was so excited when I saw the American Professional Telecaster was going to be released in Butterscotch, I just knew I would own one! Everything is there, compensated 3 brass saddle bridge, color and so on. Just slap my Bardens in and done! I have played 3 and I hate that neck. I have NEVER played a Tele that I could not get along with until the "Deep C" came along. U shape, love it. C shape, adore it! Why then would a neck shape that splits the difference be so objectionable is beyond me. I know loads of you guys are loving your Pros and I am super happy for you! I want to be with you but played another one last night and alas... :(

2. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

I haven't tried one yet. On paper, seems like it would be great. What made it unworkable for you? Too wide, too deep, too sticky....? (That didn't sound right, but you know I live next to a church....)

nojazzhere and teleNtweed like this.
  3. LPTyler

LPTyler Tele-Meister

The American pro neck is my favorite of all my guitars, about the only one I don’t like is the U shape. I guess that’s why they make so many different ones. You could try the mod shop, they have lots of neck shapes there.

teleNtweed likes this.
  4. teleNtweed

teleNtweed Tele-Holic

Not sticky so you wont have to move! :) It just feels awkward. If it was the only guitar I played for a year I am sure I could adapt but it just won't work for me. The rest of the guitar is really sweet! I think there are better sounding pickups but hard to tell when you are in a store. Anyway, lots of other options!

5. navier

navier TDPRI Member

Me neither. On paper the Pro series had almost all I wanted on a Tele. Having one for two weeks I couldn't get used to the neck...

The Road Worn, Elite and American Original telecasters were no problem... I can't explain... maybe is the way I use my thumb or how I grab the neck????

teleNtweed likes this.
  6. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

I can’t make up my mind! Certainly on my American Pro Tele the neck feels great, all I’ve played since I got it, ‘til last night when I broke out my 2004 American Series Strat.......................neck felt great, but different. Don’t know which I’d vote for now.

teleNtweed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.