Just Arrived from the northern south.

Medeltids

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
My name is Tony and I'm just joining this forum. Been playing with guitars since I was 12. Started on an old '59 Silvertone with a Kay 503 amp. I still have them. Now I own a mess of guitars. Not because I'm a great player (Believe me, I'm not!) I do, however enjoy guitars and really love doing modest work on them. (I also am not a luthier. I have been an electrician for more years than I can remember. (Not saying much, I can't remember what I was doing 20 minutes ago.) Anyway this forum thing is new for me. I do have a question that I will put in a post later. I have three Tele style guitars. I have a Parts-caster tele that I built from a Squier body I found on Ebay and a Fender Telecaster 22 fret roasted maple neck I also got on Ebay. I also have a Chinese copy Tele. I loved the Tequila Sunrise finish on the Chinese guitar and it was cheeeeep. I replaced all of the hardware with authentic Fender hardware. The mounting holes were slightly off so they had to be filled and re-drilled. I also put an official Fender pearloid pickguard on the guitar. My third Tele is a "Stinger": a guitar made in Asia for Martin back in the seventies when someone up there in Nazareth thought Martin should try to expand into the electric guitar business. It has a single coil at the neck and a humbucker in the bridge position. At one time there was a coil-split switch to switch the Humbucker into single coil operation. The Stinger also has a floating Strat style bridge. Definitely an interesting guitar. All three guitars are really enjoyable to play. I bought the Squier body because its red "Antique Burst" closely resembled the finish of the same name on my 89 Fender American Deluxe Plus Stratocaster. So I have a Strat and Tele that look like cousins of the same mother ... or something like that. That's all to my Fender Collection. I did have a Jaguar that I just never enjoyed playing. (Somebody got a great deal on that guitar in my Daughter's annual Springtime Yardsale. I've got more that are going to show up in her future Yardsales. Anyway that's about it the Fender Part of my life.
This is a great forum. You’ll feel right at home here. Welcome.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. My first electric was also a Silvertone. .... combo guitar/amp pac from Sears in 1963. Small tube amp burned up at our first garage band practice, because I tried to be as loud as our drummer for two hours straight. The tribulations of being a self proclaimed rock star