1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just another Tele Marshall thread.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Red Planet, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Went to an Local Ampfest a couple weeks ago. I havent thought about it much but my 52 reissue is my secret weapon. I dont know if I'll ever get over that guitar.

Let met set the seen.

There is EVH Jr. playing away on a few stacks (great player) and I casually go over pick up my Tele and plug it into my JCM 800 2203 wich is hooked to a 1960A HW 4x12. I start playing this little Jazz Number I wrote years ago with the Guitar set on both pickups and the Guitar Volume turned down for cleans (the 800 is cranked).

I get this nice gorgeous clean sound that rivals any Pristine Clean sound on the Planet. Eyeballs start to raise and folks seem to be digging the Tones. I play along a few more minutes when I get the thats nice nodd so then I reach down flip the pickup selector to the Bridge and roll the Guitar Volume full up. Bear in mind there are no pedals between my Guitar and Amp. .

So I start this rockin solo full shread with some Stevie dripping off it and eyes are now wide open. This thing is just oozing tone from every corner.

Afterwards I get some amasing comments and several guys tell me I've taken first place. I dont want to sound like a brag. I'm just a proud Pappa. :lol: I never can get over the range of my Tele plugged into whatever it sounds amasing.

It was just one of those deals where the stars seem to line up and everything worked. To bad its just my little ol secret weapon. :D

2. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Congrats! that's always a great feeling.

I have to admit to a special addiction to combining my Marshalls and Teles too! Great combination.

3. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    What's an Ampfest? :oops:

4. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Ampfest = Group of crasy guys getting together and playing a bunch of different amps sometimes judging the sound of these Amps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.