Just another partscaster

telekaster1999

Tele-Afflicted
Picked up this body for $20 with no idea what it is, already had the neck and pickguard, so just decided to go with it. Just need pickups now but undecided on what kind. Maybe just some tex-mex.
20220125_190243.jpg

Thumper

TDPRI Member
Picked up this body for $20 with no idea what it is, already had the neck and pickguard, so just decided to go with it. Just need pickups now but undecided on what kind. Maybe just some tex-mex. View attachment 944475
If you want a great sounding set for a great price…try a Tonerider mixed set A3 bridge and A5 Neck.
If you email Andrew at Tonerider, they will put a set together at no extra charge.
A very tasty Pairing and way less expensive.

Check the bridge and saddles with a magnet, you might have scored a brass set. If so it will be a little smoother sounding in the mids than a steel pate with brass saddles.
I like both, depends on what direction your shooting for tone wise.

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
I equate bodies and necks not by who manufactured them, but for what they are made from and will they be compatible with standard parts. If you can construct a decent well playing and sounding guitar from inexpensive and/or leftover pieces, I am all for that. i have built some of my favorite playing guitars from mixing and matching components and I have some expensive factory-built guitars as well.