Just another partscaster.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by rexhunta, May 15, 2021.

1. rexhunta

rexhunta TDPRI Member

Hey guys,

Another Tele completed with mostly stuff I either had laying about or found on marketplace. Wanted a cheap build, in which I met some pretty interesting crackheads along the way.

It's a pine body, LTD/ESP neck from an Alexie 200, some cheap ass humbuckers from a tweaker which i pretty much dumped the cash and ran, has Ernie Ball slinky 46-10s.

I have put a coil split on the volume pot, but have wired it incorrectly so still figuring that one out.

Also made up another of the back aluminium blocks I use instead of the ferrules.

I took my 5 year old boy down to the local hardware shop and got him to pick any colour he desired, and this is what he chose. I'm pretty happy with that ! I wanted to keep it semi matt, and hopefully it'll road wear and look used.

Anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

Wow.... LOL!!!! First time I've ever heard of this when searchin' for stuff to build a tele with! LOL!!

Man... that is so cool. Your son has GREAT taste!!!! I think we might have a tele superstar in the future with this one ;) Kudos! I'm really diggin' that color!

3. rexhunta

rexhunta TDPRI Member

Pretty keen not to venture over to that side of town any time soon for a bit.

Telekarster likes this.
  4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

That looks great. Fun project.

Plus you can get some pretty good deals from addicts. How does it sound?

rexhunta likes this.
  5. rexhunta

rexhunta TDPRI Member

I will report once I have cleared up the switch problem.

6. rexhunta

rexhunta TDPRI Member

Ok yep I had **** wrong as usual, but now all wired up with coil tap for both humbuckers, tone works for both as well.

Definitely happy with it ( I'm not the best player in the world, and never will be ), in single coil function the rear sounds a lot more twangy like my butterscotch, but the neck isn't as warm and doesn't have that same to me warm neck sound. Maybe it's to do with the neck length i'm not 100% sure, but with the humbuckers on and Distortion on it definitely has a good punk playing sound.

7. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I bet it plays like bucker.

Sorry . . .

rexhunta likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.