Just an observation, purely anecdotal, no science involved.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Good insight. I have a decent collection of guitars, ranging from a Squier I bought for pocket change to a high end MIA Guild, but any of them are good enough for my next gig. Today, for band practice, I grabbed a Tele that was MIM and it sounded great. Would a more expensive one have sounded better? Probably not, and especially so with a Tele, which is a simple instrument.
Even though I've decided they're all about the same, I still wish Fender would send me out a Tuff Dog for personal testing that I could just keep when I got done with the job.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
OK, how 'bout it! :)

Beautiful! Is that trick photography with the same young lady playing all the parts? Where in the world do you find FOUR hot Bassoonists?
Added.....never mind, it IS four distinct players. I'm gonna check out more from them. https://www.thebreakingwinds.com
Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I could go out there on Tuesday that's lady's day here and strut around in one of them Kilts, blowing them bagpipes! Probably ought to try and pick a day that ain't too windy!

Put a pickup on those babies, run it through an Arbiter Fuzzface and into a Super Reverb that you've strapped to the back of the cart, and rock the course out.... wind and all! LOL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edgar Allan Presley

Friend of Leo's
...I could see we weren't making any headway trying to hook up, and I knew both my niece and my wife wanted to see each other since it's been a couple of years since they saw each other, so I made a suggestion. Why don't we get a really nice pizza and head up there?
Please know I'm only posting this as a friend to save you future embarrassment: you should know that to people younger than you, the phrase "hook up" has only one meaning, and it's not the same as "meet up."

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Please know I'm only posting this as a friend to save you future embarrassment: you should know that to people younger than you, the phrase "hook up" has only one meaning, and it's not the same as "meet up."
Most likely anyone seeing how old I am, would know hooking up can't have any further connotations than meeting for a visit! ;)

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
That’s called an epiphany. I had one last week when I restrung my Gibson SG with nickel strings with a wound G. The guitar sounds like I always wanted it to sound. Tone isn’t in the fingers. It’s in the strings. Epiphany.

The real epiphany isn’t that. We all know it’s not. The epiphany is way simpler. Learn to appreciate what you have. Until you do, your appreciation for anything new will fade fast.
For the win on Monday, April 11, 2022:
“Learn to appreciate what you have.”

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
She's fixing me a late breakfast (brunch?) I might hold off on that suggestion 'til she finished cookin'!

Ah yes.... good call ;) When my wife is cookin' and I come up with some sort of snappy remark to something we're talkin' about she'll usually say "Say that again... I dare you...." and then gets this mischievous look in her eyes, Dr. No sort of grin, holding a bottle of habanero sauce over my dinner.... :eek: o_O:p:oops:

4 Cat Slim

Friend of Leo's
As others have said here, learning to appreciate what you have is important.
I've been watching the banner ads for the Acoustasonic Telecasters scrolling by on these pages for weeks now, and I'm not tempted to spend the $2,000. I'm sure that these are fine instruments, but I'd rather have some time to spend with the '79 Telecaster I already own.
I guess that corny old saying about keeping your eye on the donut and not on the hole applies here.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Ah yes.... good call ;) When my wife is cookin' and I come up with some sort of snappy remark to something we're talkin' about she'll usually say "Say that again... I dare you...." and then gets this mischievous look in her eyes, Dr. No sort of grin, holding a bottle of habanero sauce over my dinner.... :eek: o_O:p:oops:
I learned many, many moons ago, don't mess with the cook. Adam Cartright told Hop Sing one day, Hop Sing, I am going to quit beating you as of today! Hop Sing replied, Good I quit putting shoe polish in your coffee as of tomorrow!