1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Just acquired a Vox MVX150C1

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DeepDangler, Nov 3, 2020.

1. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Meister

Really digging it! My go to amp has been an AC15HW1 but it’s not versatile and only sounds good when cranked. It’s been benched for a while as I’ve been relegated to playing my Boss Katana Mini that’s been my hotel practice rig. The MVX popped up at my local music go round and I’ve always been curious about them after playing the MV micro heads.

This amp is impressive. The nutube isn’t just marketing and fluff. It really does work and respond like a tube amp. The clean channel on “crunch” gets pretty close to a standard AC but it is decidedly more modern. If this was hooked up to a Celestion Blue Alnico or a Celestion Greenback it would likely sound dead on. I’m ok with this difference because the 150 watt Celestion Redback in this cab really has some power and sounds excellent clean and even better with the gain turned up. The rhythm/lead channel goes from classic rock to metal and there are tone shaping options all over the amp to tweak. It also has a volume attenuator in the back to keep it restrained for bedroom levels.

Eventually I’ll get to play it with my drummer but so far I like the MVX. I had it cranked at the store and it’s a monster but home playing will be subdued. My favorite aspect is the multiple channels and tone shaping options making it sound like the two channel amp you want but still sounding like itself and not emulating something.

Attached Files:

Flip G and VWAmTele like this.
  2. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

Hey, isn't that Nipper, the RCA Victor dog listening to "His Master's Guitar"?

Flip G and DeepDangler like this.
  3. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Meister

I think I must be awful because she only hangs out by the amp if I’m not playing it...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.