just a howdy and thank you

52'Stu

TDPRI Member
When I worked at the railroad a little over ten years ago I used to spend countless hours in my office waiting on trains and surfing this website. I haven't logged on or spent any considerable amount of time on here in quite a long while but while researching for a current build project this morning I clicked on a link that brought me to a thread on here and found myself instantly reminiscing/ realizing what an incredible source of information and inspiration this place was for me back in those days. So I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to tdpri.com.

I need to get back in the geeking out on gear game...a quick peek tells me this place is still a pretty outstanding source of gouge. I severely injured my vocal chords on tour last fall so as a result I found myself at home for a rare extended spell with nothing to do and have passed the time by playing electric guitar (much to my wife's dismay) around 5-7 hours a day ever since and have fallen completely high school levels of love with it again.
Im pretty much a full time Dad these days so if anybody has any questions about guitars, amps, gear Im using or music Im listening to or how I like my beans cooked etc ask away and I'll do my best to answer them as clearly as possible. I also have a ton of questions myself.

My typing is much easier to understand than my singing anyway...

Cheers
Sturgill Simpson

Marshallfender

Tele-Meister
Get better and Gear Geek away!! Here’s my latest!!
C395A1F9-3BDD-4F1A-9C13-AED7788467F4.jpeg

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
When I worked at the railroad a little over ten years ago I used to spend countless hours in my office waiting on trains and surfing this website. I haven't logged on or spent any considerable amount of time on here in quite a long while but while researching for a current build project this morning I clicked on a link that brought me to a thread on here and found myself instantly reminiscing/ realizing what an incredible source of information and inspiration this place was for me back in those days. So I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to tdpri.com.

I need to get back in the geeking out on gear game...a quick peek tells me this place is still a pretty outstanding source of gouge. I severely injured my vocal chords on tour last fall so as a result I found myself at home for a rare extended spell with nothing to do and have passed the time by playing electric guitar (much to my wife's dismay) around 5-7 hours a day ever since and have fallen completely high school levels of love with it again.

My typing is much easier to understand than my singing anyway...

Cheers
Sturgill Simpson
I’m a fan of your guitar playing and songwriting and attitude, but struggled sometimes to understand the words you were singing. You’re definitely among many singers whose enunciation is difficult for me, and I blame most of the issue on my hereditary tendency toward nerve deafness.

I wish the best for you and your family as you take a break from touring and singing. I hope your vocal cords heal and that you can preserve your voice and continue to write and perform great music.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
I wish you all the very best of health, and hope your voice returns soon. Happy playing to you. 😉

bowman

Friend of Leo's
Welcome back and I hope the voice gets healed up quickly. I do lots of singing in my band, and it’s scary when your voice goes wacky for any reason - but for someone whose livelihood depends on it, that has to be scary. And happy Fathers Day - being a dad is the best!

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Love your music . Enjoy the home life and hoping for you a speedy recovery on the damaged vocal chords

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Been spendin' all your nights on the internet?
Looking for a clue, but ain't found one yet?
Just a bunch of Mopars (mo' cars?), guitars, & other stuff you can't buy?

Preach

thunderbyrd

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Mr. Simpson, do know how to properly fry potatoes? If not, there is an extremely informative thread to be found here, somewhere.